• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Closed Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiLZ

If a server company closes your server down with reasons that you attacked their own servers (in which i did not) but perhaps somebody else did, could you launch a legal battle against them to recover the funds?

Or Escalate the claim with PayPal but if the company has a no refund policy and could charge you money if you chargeback with PP?

So basically my customers are losing out for something they assumed I did (which in all fairness is the right thing for the company, but if they are unwilling to cooperate and sort this out with me)

Any help?

1. you won't get your PP money bacl
2. ask what the details are for them to asume you (or your clients) are behind the attack, and also to specify which type and time/date this was recorded.

Above all be profesional in your approach or you may simply be ignored as a whinging ex client that was caught out if they're T&C's allow them to.

Mr Patel,

You did not answer the ticket that you opened in these regards. A SSH directory attack was launched on the servers of Liquid Digital Media. You did not provide the info that was requested in order for us to reactivate your account.

You have to understand that in order to protect our clients it was necessary for us to suspend you so that the attacks could be stopped immediately as requested by the Data Center otherwise our network would have been compromised.

All communication in these regards shall be done through the support center in order for them to be taken under consideration.

Mr Patel,

You did not answer the ticket that you opened in these regards. A SSH directory attack was launched on the servers of Liquid Digital Media. You did not provide the info that was requested in order for us to reactivate your account.

You have to understand that in order to protect our clients it was necessary for us to suspend you so that the attacks could be stopped immediately as requested by the Data Center otherwise our network would have been compromised.

All communication in these regards shall be done through the support center in order for them to be taken under consideration.

Sounds reasonable and professional enough to me.

If a server company closes your server down with reasons that you attacked their own servers (in which i did not) but perhaps somebody else did, could you launch a legal battle against them to recover the funds?

Or Escalate the claim with PayPal but if the company has a no refund policy and could charge you money if you chargeback with PP?

So basically my customers are losing out for something they assumed I did (which in all fairness is the right thing for the company, but if they are unwilling to cooperate and sort this out with me)

Any help?

servers are attacked all the time, but why would you attack
your own? contact paypal, perform a charge back with them,
a no refund only can carry so much weight, if they took your
money, and closed you down offering no proof, then you have
nothing to loose, and no, they can not do anything to you
if you file a complaint with paypal.

some compaines today try to strong arm you with tatics if you
even think about doing a chargeback, if you think you are in
the right, did nothing wrong, then at least try to get your money back.

Mr Patel,

Actually if your server is unmanaged it is up to you to protect against such attacks or suffer the DC consiquensces, Eclouds response here is perfectly reasonable, so even thinking about a chargeback is pointless.

It appears your server is there but disconnected to stop attack, so follow the providers suggestion to resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back