• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cobalt Server Crash!

Syprez7

Hi,

In the past 4 days my Cobalt Q4 crashed once daily. theres about 25 sites hosted on it and total of about 5000 hits a day.

ANy one know what crashed it? If its the over load of the CPU what can i do to stop it? Programs?

Thanks

This is interesting since I have a Cobalt. First, can you access it all? If so go to the stats and see what the CPU load was at. Otherwise telnet in and type 'top'. See what you get. I Cobalt can handle 300,000 hits a day, so you shouldn't have a problem. Let us know what the stats return.

cpu

Ye the CPU was overloaded it was red light when i loged in took me 3 min to login lol...

Im thinking the CGI is overloading it.

is there a way i can track what site it is?

Damn, a RaQ4 dead after 5,000 hits in a day. Someone has to be running either a malfunctioning CGI script or an extremely popular chat site you don't know about. From other people I've talked to, I RaQ should be able to handle your load pretty well. Unfortunatley, I don't know how to track your problem. Let us know how it turns out though.

How much memory do you have installed in it? If you start running into swap space you'll crash your server -- if you stay in that range too long. Everything goes in slow motion...... you can check swap memory usage under top also.

mjk@atlascgi.com

Back