• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

comission junction

webguru72 said:
CJ.com how much do they pay approx per referrals.... I am seeing a lot doing that.

If you mean referring somebody to CJ then I don't think they pay anything.

If you mean via their partner programmes then it varies per programme.
For example...
eBay UK give £0.00 per registration, £7.00 per active registration, £0.10 per bid, £0.12 per buy-it-now.
Forzieri (a fashion site) give 5% commssion on any order.
All the publishers offer different commissions, and different terms and conditions...

Oh hold on.... I might be missing something here. I was about to sign up through the same link Jan provided..... So basically I do not get paid based on CPC to their customers....
To make it clear, If I sign up with them, then I get the companies listed with them and place the URLs given to those companies, and my traffic clicks on those link, I would not get paid..... (like adsense in google) :(

Some people are able to make a lot with CPA programs. I was never able to, no matter which campaigns I tried, nobody was interested (well very few), I think it took me about a year to get the minimum payout. Once I got that, I left. I have no idea how they are these days, I left about three years ago.

webguru72 said:
Oh hold on.... I might be missing something here. I was about to sign up through the same link Jan provided..... So basically I do not get paid based on CPC to their customers....
To make it clear, If I sign up with them, then I get the companies listed with them and place the URLs given to those companies, and my traffic clicks on those link, I would not get paid..... (like adsense in google) :(

It varies with publisher, although very few offer money for clicks.
Some pay for 'leads' i.e. somebody visits the site but does not buy.
Most publishers offer payment if somebody clicks through and purchases a product from the publisher (or goes back and a month-or-two as many set cookies with your affiliate details in).
The rewards are better, but the clicks (and therefore signups) are fewer. To make the best money you need to closely match the adverts with site content.
It's great if you got a financial site as the publishers for financial products pay the best commissions, Zopa gave me £80 ($155?) for one person applying for a loan :)

Back