• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crashing computer problems

cowax

Nice Shot
NLC
When ever I first start my computer after it has been off for say, several hours, it crashes within about 5 minutes. It doesnt matter what Im doing on it, letting it idle or whatever, it crashes. The cpu shuts off, the hard drives stops spinning but the power supply stays on. Sometimes it restarts but most of the times it doesnt. When it does restart or when I restart it, the computer is fine. I can run it for a couple days without problems. Any ideas whats wrong with it? Its a 1.6 p4 with a 400 watt psu.

Very strange. Sounds like a hardware problem. The first place I'd look for the problem is the power supply.

Do you have another one you could swap in?

Thats what I thought the problem would be. But I dont have another atx power supply lying around nor am willing to buy another. I was just wondering if anyone else had or experienced the same problem.

Back