• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

custom host plans?

illusivedaze

Aight, i dont know if their are any hosts that do this. I know you can e-mail hosts usually and customize a package, but has any host ever not had a set hosting plan. What i mean is like just have a form or something where you can type in your specific needs, & then it will generate the plan & price for you. I guess this probably would not make the host as much money, but you would think more people would like this service. So, has any host ever done this? If so which???

I haven't used them, but according to other users' opinions they are very good and they have an excellent customer support. ;)

looking at their plans.

Just looking at their hosting plans, & then comparing the custom search prices, you get ALOT more for your money in their regular plans.

You mean like http://worldzonepro.com/customplans.html ?

Far as I know, we are the only ones that offer such a thing on an automaticaly like that. Also, you are able to change anything via the control panel at any time.

If there were more hosts that do this that I knew of, I would post them...but I dont. I cant give you prices or specs on the plan (per the rules here) because it is custom and could be anything depending on what you choose to have. All I can do is post a link to it's page..

I know there are other hosts here that offer custom plans, but whether or not they have an auto generating thingy I have no idea. Perhaps they will reply if they do. :classic2:

Well, there is a huge problem with all these automated procedures. Specially when people intend to make orders using stolen credit cards etc. So, many hosts avoid it just as an extra protection measure. It's always better, orders to pass from human checking.

It's not that hard to have the custom plan + order system, so no need for some hosts to be proud. :D

Hey now, I wasnt bragging :D

As for the stolen card, we have some terrific methods for blocking them. The system compares a lot of stuff from the signup info and other data gathered. If anything seems suspicious, the signup gets moderated and waits for manual review. We have several hundred thousand stolen #'s in our database to check against..... and even more IP's that are compared against. As a matter of fact, we have it so controlled that if the IP signing up doesnt match the IP for the billing address area, it's refered to moderation.

During Pro's existence, only one fraud has ever gotten through. NOW I'm bragging :p
That one fraud was suspicious because all data matched, yet the guy said his card was stolen. He said it must have been someone he knew....hmmmm.

Originally posted by NexDog
Nice post. ;)

Yeah, anyone would think you have an affiliation with cyberpixel :rolleyes:

ADD > lol, todd or peo - good job :biggrin2:

Last edited:
[delete]
my mistake. stupid mistake. hope nobody read that. lol

and yeah, dot5 looks pretty good. the plans have lots of features and don't seem expensive.. anyone else has any exp with them?

Last edited:
Back