• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dale Earndhart Sr. Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last lap too...I saw some of this race when flipping channels(I guess it was this race). Dangerous sport. They follow each other just a couple of feet behind.

yeah they do that to reduce drag on their car (the ones following in line)...man.. he was only 49 :( he still had half (about) his life to go!

Yep....

My wife works at wal-mart in the toys department. Guess who got all the Dale Earndhart toys before anyone else could?

Every place that had those toys got flooded.

First the PS2, now Dale Earndhart action figures. Will the advantages of working at Wal-Mart never end?

Who says pay at Walmart sucks? LOL. By the way, I could only get my hands on three PS2's. But thats ok since I made a total of almost $6,000 off them (-:

Now I home all this money I spent today can do the same thing. I call it the Mini-Nasdaq. I've noticed that the more dollars people have in their pockets, the less cents they have in the head....after all, who would pay $3200 for only one PS2?? which is what I sold one of mine for...

Now we'll see how much I can get for some toys that each cost me $5 to $15 each. See ya on Ebay!

from Sports Illustrated
Three NASCAR drivers were killed in wrecks last season
That's just sad...

To me, car racing is one of the stupidest sports of modern day. What do you do? You go around in circles and die. A thrill, I'm sure.... Oh, yeah... you also waste a bunch of gasoline and produce serious air pollution. And it wastes money too.

[Edited by LeX on 02-19-2001 at 04:50 AM]

I like the 24 hour series. 1st off becuase the viper is in it so that is always good and they just dont go around and around on the track. They race at night and at day, and its endurance. The sport of racing fills a need for a lot of people, its like use overclockers. We want to push the limits of your hardware. Thats why they go faster and faster, there just pushing the limit. And the racing aspect of it gives them the excitment that they want.
Now watching it I dont see much of a point, I do watch the 24 hour races, but its at the same time I am doing a lot of other stuff, I have just got to see how bad the viper is wipping the coverts ass :)

Originally posted by LeX
from Sports Illustrated
Three NASCAR drivers were killed in wrecks last season
To me, car racing is one of the stupidest sports of modern day. What do you do? You go around in circles and die
[Edited by LeX on 02-19-2001 at 04:50 AM]

... and make lots of money in the process

They're saying he was kinda protecting the front two drivers in the race, Waltrip who drove for Earnhardt and his son. Sad to see him past away, he was my favorite NASCAR driver

good news for me...

Any Dale products made even so much as a minute after his death has to be destroyed or painted to something else. The only stuff available at this point is what's in the warehouses. Non Dale products are replaceable now. It was in his contracts that if he died, all production is off at that time...his wife can go thru the legal stuff and get them back in operation, but that will take a while, if she even decides to do that, which I would doubt.

Wow, those toys must cost over $100 each on eBay!

Anyway, I find that making money off of people's death sorta wierd... Not necessarily wrong, but just wierd. :confused:

I have a few scanned in already....I get some transport trucks (18 wheeler) tomorrow.

http://stormwebs.com/dale/

The first one you see there, I have seen (at last look) was running for $102 in one auction. That one sold at walmart in a dual pack for $9.99. Since the cards never sold well in the stores, they ordered and made very few of them, so those might sell great as well since now they cant make any more...LOL

I saw someone selling a CRYSTAL version of the goodwrench car! That one was kewl. Wish I had that one...

Yes, that crash was a sad thing. Ive seen some worse crashes where the driver emerged unscathed. I really dont know what to think of people making ALOT of profit off his death. personally, if i had those toys, i wouldnt auction them off to make a buck.

But whatever

Originally posted by Gayowulf
personally, if i had those toys, i wouldnt auction them off to make a buck.
If it's some toy I don't really treasure, I'd do that anytime. I've left the world of toys a few years ago. Now, to me, they simply appear as really colorful, cheap plastic, destined to end up in the dump someday.

Me, I find collecting coins more pleasurable.. :D At least you can sell those for the value of the metal, in case the coin lost its worth of gold.

Originally posted by Coolin
Will the advantages of working at Wal-Mart never end?

WalMarts here suck. They fire people after so long so they don't get any advantages or anything. It works too because they just keep hiring high school kids and fire them before they get any benefits or whatever the hell they are :p.

Yeah it kinda depends on your area. Around here, there are 3 supercenters and a regular one, and 2 SAMS Wholesales within a 10 miles stretch along the highway...all working with 1/3 of the employees they need. Thats because there are so many jobs here in the service industry, people arent exactly rushing to the local walmart...LOL. But it is amazing the growth here, huge employers opening big stores everywhere, and the highway (I-45 North in The Woodlands) is being rebuilt to compensate.

Around here, if you dont have a job, your just plain out lazy, stupid, or bedridden.

Wow, even with the economic slowdown happening now. You get this huge boom? Where-a-bouts do you live Webdude? If my memory serves me correctly, I think it is Texas?

Yeah Texas....there's something else other than Texas? LOL

Actually Texas went flat in 86. Most of this market boom is due to stuff Bush did while in office. So those knocking Bush dont know what they are talking about. He may be a bad speaker ("And, Um, Duh" type thing) but he does the job itself great. Now Texas pretty much operates it's own economy seperate from the rest of the world and has become greatly self sufficient.

By the way, I live 30 miles North of Houston, but about 10 miles south of Conroe in The Woodlands, close to Montgomery College. Oh if you could only see the changes around here. It's amazing. I have never seen an area grow so fast....anywhere. Money is practically growing on trees around here.

Which this all reminds me, did you know that in the agreement for Texas to join the Union, it was stipulated that if at any time Texans wanted their state back, a vote could be taken to either freely seperate from the U.S. to become it's own country, or could just as well divide into 5 seperate states. Not that I think it would ever happen of course. If it did, criminals would certainly be more than anxious to move to your states and get out of this one as fast as possible...hehe. It already has the toughest criminal laws allowed by Federal Law.

Alberta has the best economy in all of Canada. While I live in Edmonton, our southern neighbour, Calgary has been booming like crazy. Their economy raised by 124% in just one year! Beat that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back