• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dire need of quality hosting!

randyortonweb

Randy Orton Web.com is the largest and most popular Randy Orton fansite grossing over 3000 visitors per day, over 15,000 visitors per week and close to 50,000 visitors per month. We are in dire need of quality web hosting, to accomodate our needs as our current host is just not living upto expectations. Although they offer a good hosting plan (which we hope to match) when it comes to uptime/downtime and support - they are severely lacking.

So please, do help us out and hopefully we will choose to do business with one of you. Here are just a few of the specs we require:
  • 10gb webspace (negotiable, 5gb minimum)
  • 4-500gb bandwidth
  • Free cPanel transfer
  • 5 addon domains
  • 5 parked domains
  • Unlimited FTP, subdomains, MySQL accounts etc.
  • Fantastico
  • Up to date PHP & MySQL as we have a large forum and gallery which we want to keep as up to date as possible with latest software
  • Basic general specs of cPanel hosting

Furthermore, we like to have a close working relationship with our host in case any problems arise, everything on our end is professional and mature - we would like the same level of commitment on your part. We are a serious website looking for a serious webhost who can make a long term commitment, we want a host that is reputable not a dodgy one that may close down after two weeks. Please only serious offers, we hope to appeal to your better nature in understanding that three years of hard graft have gone into this site and we don't want to lose anything, so if your site is going to close down within two weeks or a month, then please don't reply.

Also, we host media (video and audio) on our site (under fairuse copyright however), so this is an important factor to us in providing our videos fast and quality download times.

At our current host we are paying $10 per month (to be paid for by PayPal), we're looking for something similar but feel free to quote a price. If you have any questions let me know, and I shall answer them =D

Thanks

Last edited:
repoman said:
I would recommend you take a dedicated server :)

Yeah, I was thinking about that but then realised I know nothing about this stuff! I'm a webmaster first and know nothing about hosting other than shared plans/space/bandwidth :p

Plus, some of the prices out there tend to put me off!

Semi Dedicated is a part of the server which may or may not come with ROOT access. Normally large shared or reseller accounts.
VPS is a server that has been split with software such as Vituozzo to give you a part of that software. These server's software manages the accounts, giving you actual pieces of a server. Such as the software will delve out to you 250MHZ out of the 3GHZ processor and 256MB of the 4GB of RAM in the server for you and only you to use. It also coes with ROOT access for your section of the server.

If you like I can get you a quote on a semi-dedicated server.

heymrdj said:
Semi Dedicated is a part of the server which may or may not come with ROOT access. Normally large shared or reseller accounts.
VPS is a server that has been split with software such as Vituozzo to give you a part of that software. These server's software manages the accounts, giving you actual pieces of a server. Such as the software will delve out to you 250MHZ out of the 3GHZ processor and 256MB of the 4GB of RAM in the server for you and only you to use. It also coes with ROOT access for your section of the server.

If you like I can get you a quote on a semi-dedicated server.

Sorry lol, not one for technical speak, so can't say I understand much of that.

But any quotes/help would be great =D

Last edited:
randyortonweb said:
Sorry lol, not one for technical speed, so can't say I understand much of that.

But any quotes/help would be great =D

Ok let me put it this way, I'll see if I can help. You know what a dedicated server is. A complete server thats all yours. Now I take that server and FULLY manage it. Then I say I'm going to break this server's resources 3 ways. The one-thrid piece you recieve is considered a semi dedicated server. These are just like the normal accounts you buy at Go-Daddy etc (excepty not near the overselling, but thats another topic :)). The thing about semi-dedicated accounts is A: power. Most hosts only put 2-8 accounts on the server compared to the average of 60-200 accounts. B: size, These aren't 5GB space 10GB bandwidth, we typically offer at 40GB space and 1TB of bandwidth for a semi dedicated server. C: management. We manage the box, instead of you. D: Root acces is rearely offered on semi dedicated, while with dedicated you always get ROOT. f course if your novice, you don't even wanna try to touch root anyways.

I hope that helped.

PS: you can contact me on any IM in my profile, and I can help more.

heymrdj said:
Ok let me put it this way, I'll see if I can help. You know what a dedicated server is. A complete server thats all yours. Now I take that server and FULLY manage it. Then I say I'm going to break this server's resources 3 ways. The one-thrid piece you recieve is considered a semi dedicated server. These are just like the normal accounts you buy at Go-Daddy etc (excepty not near the overselling, but thats another topic :)). The thing about semi-dedicated accounts is A: power. Most hosts only put 2-8 accounts on the server compared to the average of 60-200 accounts. B: size, These aren't 5GB space 10GB bandwidth, we typically offer at 40GB space and 1TB of bandwidth for a semi dedicated server. C: management. We manage the box, instead of you. D: Root acces is rearely offered on semi dedicated, while with dedicated you always get ROOT. f course if your novice, you don't even wanna try to touch root anyways.

I hope that helped.

PS: you can contact me on any IM in my profile, and I can help more.

Thanks for that, I'm pretty sure I get it now. How pricey would that be do you think, given my "budget."

Well I can't be absolutely sure at this moment but 10GB space and 500GB bandwidth would be 30-40$ a month maby. Might get it cheaper. I have to see at the end of the day, what servers have been split etc.

PS: I currently have an Athlon 2.2 server I'm splitting up. Only has one account on it so far. Only 3 or 4 accounts will be put onto it. Maby want a piece of that one?

Last edited:
heymrdj said:
Well I can't be absolutely sure at this moment but 10GB space and 500GB bandwidth would be 30-40$ a month maby. Might get it cheaper. I have to see at the end of the day, what servers have been split etc.

PS: I currently have an Athlon 2.2 server I'm splitting up. Only has one account on it so far. Only 3 or 4 accounts will be put onto it. Maby want a piece of that one?

Hmm, $30/40 seems out of my price range but I'm open to see what's out there. How much do you think you'd charge?

Well like I said, I need to check resources and everything, but I think I could get you the rescources for 20-30$ a month. If you can give me a few hours, I'll have the reports on the servers, and I'll sit down with my snack tonight, and take a look at where it would be best to place you. You seem to have a power using site, so i want to get you the lightest loaded server I got.

I can offer you

Package Quotas:

» 7500 Megabytes Disk Space

» 500 Gigabytes Bandwidth

» Unlimited Sub Domains

» Unlimited EMail Accounts

» Unlimited MySql Database

» FTP Access

Package Features:

» PHP, Perl Scripting

» RedHat Enterprise Server

» Apache Webserver

» cPanel Control Panel

» Same Day Setup

I would be willing to negotiate a price on this package for you. I am a WWE fan my self and anything I can do to help is ok with me.

Dear Randyortonweb,

Your request is not for a shared environment. You may find some hosts offering that, but they will be overselling and you wouldnt be able to use what you paid for. The best thing for you is to get a VPS(semi-dedicated server) as I explained above. Also if you get dedicated you will get root meaning you can get shoutcast, maybe a new feature :)(online radio).

If you need some help or a VPS server feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Egor Tarabasov

Simple answer, you will not find quality hosting at those specs. You want a close working relationship and all that space and bandwidth? You are running google ads, so with so many visitors, you must be able to afford to up your budget so quality hosts can actually respond to your request :)

Jan said:
Simple answer, you will not find quality hosting at those specs. You want a close working relationship and all that space and bandwidth? You are running google ads, so with so many visitors, you must be able to afford to up your budget so quality hosts can actually respond to your request :)

Surprisingly, I don't make enough money from Google *sniffle* =(

Well you must be doing something wrong with 3000 uniques per day lol. Are you sure you get 3000 uniques per day? I would have expected your alexa ranking to be higher with 3000 uniques per day.

nsuk said:
Well you must be doing something wrong with 3000 uniques per day lol. Are you sure you get 3000 uniques per day? I would have expected your alexa ranking to be higher with 3000 uniques per day.

Feel free to check our extreme tracker: http://extremetracking.com/open;sum?login=rkoweb

Since merging with another site we have been receiving the following specs:
Per day: over 3000
Per week: over 15,000
Per month: nearly 50,000

Please ignore the averages since I've been using the extreme tracker account before we merged, and carried it over for the new site.

Back