• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

directory submissiom affective still???

I suppose that is something what must be done, but in any case if you are willing to achieve your main goal you will need to have more t6hings done.

There are some brilliant directories out there for SEO.

They account for a LOT of backlinks, you should try and submit to as many directory as possible.

Well, yes a backlink is a backlink, BUT if the page you have a link from has a lower pageranking that yours, you will actually lose ranking, so sometimes you have to be careful doing link exchanges when your PR starts getting higher.

Also, make sure you keep an eye on your anchor text. Anchor text is very important, its basically what the clickable text says that makes up your link. You should always make your anchor text relevant keywords to your website.

So only when you exchange links and not when they link to you?

Correct,

If it were that way then all the garbage pages on the internet that link to actual good sites would basically nuke all the great sites's PR. Facebook should have a PR of about 0 in this instance instead of the 10 it has now.

I don't know why ask this question. Backlinks are backlinks, and they are always affective in raising up search engine rankings.

A backlink is a backlink, but a backlink with content is worth more.
I prefer article submission over directory submission.

Back