• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DirectX 9.0c - Outdated Files

Kwek

Devious Deviant
NLC
Hi

I'm having a little problem here and I wonder if it has any serious impact on my system.

Previously I had some problems with my DirectX and was forced to reinstall it. Now, when I run dxdiag and check the DirectX files, I receive the following message in the Notes box:
  • Several files (ddraw.dll, d3d8.dll, d3dim700.dll) are old versions, which could cause problems.
  • You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.
I was wondering if it has any serious implication on my system and whether it will affect software that requires DirectX. Do any of you have a fix for this? I have tried reinstalling DirectX countless times but regardless of what I try, the message stays. DirectX Eradicator is not working for me at the moment, so I cannot roll back DirectX to 8.1 and try reinstalling from there. Instead, I deleted the registry entries for DirectX so the installer would run. Nevertheless, even after the installation, the files are still outdated according to dxdiag.

My question is: Is there any serious implication on my system, and if so, is there any way to fix this irritating problem? Yesterday, I spent a few hours trying to fix it and now I'm starting to get frustrated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Kwek Ming Hong

Last edited:
Back