• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you think buying a template reflects badly on your company?

Mystikk

Hey All,

So - I was talking to somebody about just purchasing a Template Monster template and using it as our main company template. I've been trying to find a designer, and things haven't worked out for me.

However, I was told that using one of these templates reflects badly upon the company that uses it? True or False and Opinions,

BTW - Good Morning,
Tylar

Tylar I personally think it does, for a company you've got to have your unique ID, something which your client which recognise you from. Buying those templates just gives the user negative first impressions. I can design you a site if you wish Tylar. Contact me if you want to.

Yes, I believe it gives a bad look for your company. I believe it shows that you don't care much about the presence of your company. It also shows lack of effort.

I personally wouldn't use a Template Monster template, reasons being that they're now overused. A lot of warez sites also have most template monster templates free for download, I think that's what put a lot of people off them.

I agree Templatemoster is way over used. I used them when I first started and got no sales everyone liked my design then when I made a post on one of the forum the guy said I look cheap since I'm reusing a template. I quickly bought one and am now much more successful.

yes, of cause. it wil cost lots money to buy a template...

Yes a whole 35$ if you look around :confused4
In fact I just brought a coded design for 22 USD, I gave them 2 extra USD then they wanted :p.. I brought it to offer it as a reseller template Still looking for more, I own the whole rights to it..
So it cost me 22$ for a template I own the total rights too? Not much when it means offering your resellers templates they cant get anywhere else legaly.

On to the question.. Do you want the truth or my personal views? Turth is it dont really make a differnce so long as it mlooks good, Back in the days of internalx.net I used a template still got loads of orders after about 6 months..
My personal views are differnt, Now I think its good to have something unique...

Last edited:
I prefer to see a host use something unique for their business. All those cheesy server pics and guys and gals with headsets get boring after a while.

Tylar,

While I think some templates can be bad for your business (especially if they look too much like a template), a little customization can go a long way towards creating a unique look for your Website. And, this tends to be more cost-effective and faster than hiring a Web designer.

Thanks for the input!

I have been in the process of going threw designers like chocolate bars - had alot of bad experience - seems once you pay they go missing. I was thinking of just purchasing a template because then you know you are guaranteed to get it.

I am working with Johnny and hopefully we will finish a new site soon. Then I will be back for some opinions on that.

Cheers,
Tylar

Thanks for the input!

I have been in the process of going threw designers like chocolate bars - had alot of bad experience - seems once you pay they go missing. I was thinking of just purchasing a template because then you know you are guaranteed to get it.

I am working with Johnny and hopefully we will finish a new site soon. Then I will be back for some opinions on that.

Cheers,
Tylar

I've seen Johnny create some nice stuff and he is certainly experienced. Good luck with him, man. :beer:

Though I like your current design, on Torx, and it doesn't look like a template monster; I don't think. (?)

I've seen Johnny create some nice stuff and he is certainly experienced. Good luck with him, man. :beer:

Though I like your current design, on Torx, and it doesn't look like a template monster; I don't think. (?)

It is not a template - However we are looking for a 2.0 revamp with a little more simplicty for my staff to edit. I found that Template Monster is not the answer for simplicity.

Cheers,
Tylar

I found that Template Monster is not the answer for simplicity.

Cheers,
Tylar

Helly Tylar,

You said it right about simplicity for template Monster although here is an idea of mine. If you wish to have an easy way of modifying your template, you could have an Admin section, where can could logging and make the modifications of the site then save, and its done.

If you'ld like to have some help once your new template is done, drop me a PM, I'd be happy to help you out.

Pat

I think it reflects badly, but it shouldn't. I've been known to use several templates in my day and I run only the most honest hosting services.

i think if you want to be taken seriously as a company, then, it all depends on the company. if you are a web design company, yes, it reflects badly IMO, but, pretty much any other site, i dont think it really matters to much. i would say to not buy one and set yourself apart, but, if you arent a designer, sometimes that is the only option unless you pay someone to make you a professional personal template

If you start with a goodish one customise it there should be no probs.

That is, your template is your shop window, it dresses it up so it to looks good.
Your sales pitch is the next thing, get that wrong and forget it anyway.

If someone comes along to pick fault with the way it looks rather than the service they get then think what they will be like as clients, PITA! :D

If you start with a goodish one customise it there should be no probs.

That is, your template is your shop window, it dresses it up so it to looks good.
Your sales pitch is the next thing, get that wrong and forget it anyway.

If someone comes along to pick fault with the way it looks rather than the service they get then think what they will be like as clients, PITA! :D

good point made by the all so wise and mighty Decker. *bows down* :D

Back