• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain expiration?

bozley05

NLC
NLC
There is a domain that I want to register, and its whois record says it expires on 25-Apr-2005, which has passed, but the domain is still active.

How long does it take before an expired domain is available to register again?

bozley05 said:
There is a domain that I want to register, and its whois record says it expires on 25-Apr-2005, which has passed, but the domain is still active.

How long does it take before an expired domain is available to register again?

Hi Bozley,

Dropped-Domains.com is updated daily with the latest expired domain names.
http://www.dropped-domains.com

Thanks... but that's not really what I need. I know the domain that I want to get. I need to know how long after the domain has "expired" that I am able to register it.

bozley05 said:
Thanks... but that's not really what I need. I know the domain that I want to get. I need to know how long after the domain has "expired" that I am able to register it.

Hi Bozley,

I read something that might help:
A domain name is placed in PENDINGDELETE status if it has not been restored during the Redemption Period. A name that is in PENDINGDELETE status will not be included in the zone file. All registrar requests to modify or otherwise update a domain in PENDINGDELETE status will be rejected. A domain name is purged from the registry database a specified number of calendar days after it is placed in PENDINGDELETE status. The current length of this Pending Delete Period is five calendar days.

You can read more about the above & other expiration cases at:

When Does an Expired Domain Name Become Available?

Thanks Rhianna!!! That was helpful.

***Breaking news***
The person just used their grace period to renew the domain, grrrrrr... The thing that really annoys me, is they aren't even using it.

Last edited:
Back