• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

domain host, no ads 20+MB

LastActionHero

WBBMods.com
NLC
I need the following with CGI and reasonable bandwith thrown in. I have searced al over this site but i'am still confused. Please help me.

I'm not an expert on this, but for all you ask, you may need to pay for webspace. I don't know if you can get a free provider that offers all you want...but I may be wrong

TWU.net might be great, but I don't like their "bill the few top bandwidth users" policy... I mean, what if I accidentally happen to generate a lot of traffic? Then I'm going to get BILLED for that?! No way...

Yes, amazing as it may seem, if *your* site is using up *their* bandwidth, you'll be charged. I know, kinda crazy, but go figure. You'd think they'd just pay for whatever you need, I know.

Yes, amazing as it may seem, if *your* site is using up *their* bandwidth, you'll be charged. I know, kinda crazy, but go figure. You'd think they'd just pay for whatever you need, I know.

You know whats scary? theres probably ALOT of people that don't see the sarcasm. heh.

Originally posted by Chicken

I believe what they meant by that was that TWU is very unclear on their bandwidth policy. The way their current policy is, its hard for most of the general users to tell whether or not there site will use alot of bandwidth or not. Seeing as they have no clear policy on the amount of bandwidth each user is allowed (like Spaceports' offer), and they don't allow "unlimited" bandwidth and therefore never charge the user whether or not the host goes over its bandwidth limit, the users really cannot tell whether or not there site might go over the bandwidth limit or not.

Also, a well known fact is that if you have an offer that good, more and more users will sign up meaning less and less bandwidth for each user before they are charged for it.

MY SUGGESTION TO TWU: Either set a limit on bandwidth (ex. 2GB/mo), or offer the users "unlimited" bandwidth (meaning they don't pay whether or not the host goes over the limit). I'm not necessarily saying that you should give "unlimited" bandwidth and pay if your users go over the hosts max bandwidth a month, but I am saying you should be more specific on the amount of bandwidth you offer (even most paid host tells you the amount of bandwidth you're allowed).

Back