• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Don't use cirtexhosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

kexhosting

Transcript:
Code:
ank you for your patience when waiting for Live Help, we apologize for any delays that you may experience.

Currently 1 users waiting for Live Help. [Refresh]
Would you like to continue waiting or leave an Offline Email ?

You are now chatting with Gary Tech (Support)
Gary: Welcome to Live Help, how are you today?
Gary: hi
Gary: how can i help you?
Joshua Domingo: Hi
Joshua Domingo: My website
Joshua Domingo: You did nto get back to me about it
Joshua Domingo: It was hacked
Joshua Domingo: I will spread that cirtex hosting isinsecure
Joshua Domingo: and not reliable if I don't get any help.
Joshua Domingo: I will report that your auto installer is not secure even if tis easy to use.
Gary: domain name please?
Joshua Domingo: epowatch.com
Joshua Domingo: I personally own other website at other host and it was safer.
Joshua Domingo: I will contact phpmotion and have you removed from the list of host.
Joshua Domingo: How long is this going to take please answer this conversation is being recorded.
Joshua Domingo: Are you going to answer me or take longer?
Joshua Domingo: Its been two days since I reported the issue.
Joshua Domingo: Gary are you there?
Gary: just a moment.
Gary: am checking.
Joshua Domingo: *Gary: "I am checking" not 'am checking.'
Joshua Domingo: Can you update me now?
Gary: sure
Gary: could you please give me some time to check.
Joshua Domingo: okay how much time?
Joshua Domingo: hello>?
Gary: yes
Joshua Domingo: My other websites are being targeted now too.
Joshua Domingo: Is there a way you can restore my index.php that the repalced with a new one?
Joshua Domingo: hello?
Joshua Domingo: I posted my livechat transcript soon if i dont get a answer, just a fyi

I talked to them yesterday too, but still nothing.

My url that got hacked: http://epowatch.com <--look at it
My other sites have been getting a ddos too.

Any advice on what i can do I used cirtex auto installer for phpmotion is that a security threat?
How about the ddos?

_Still waiting for a update_

Last edited:
You went into that chat with a bad attitude looking for a fight... I dont even know why you posted that log. Other than his bad english, he doesnt seem to have done anythign wrong.

How do you know this hack is due to the hosts insecurity? Have other sites on the same server been hacked?
PHPMotion 2.0 has SQL Injection and Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerabilities, if you werent patched against it, then this could have been the cause.

Id be getting more information before pointing fingers :p

You came into the chat with a threatening attitude. Normally, that makes the other person less responsive to you. Also, I don't know what the time stamps are but you should try to be patient and give the chat tech a moment to look up your account history. A regular host should have many accounts. You can't simply expect a chat tech to know which account you are referring to. You also can not expect the tech to answer your questions immediately without giving them the appropriate amount of time to assess the situation.

If you submitted a ticket already, then please give the support department time to look into your issue. I assume the host can not give time estimates on your ticket, especially chat techs since they probably don't handle the tickets.

cirtexhosting.com was the best shared host I ever used.
Your script got hacked not the server, fail soz.
As others have said, you went there for a fight, if I was the tech I would of ignored you too, since that's what they are trained to do.
Also dont use live chat at any host, use the support ticket system they have higher lvl techs that can do more.
Live Support is just for basic questions, not complex issues.
Learn how hosts work.

Your site got hacked and your blaming there installer software for that?

Just out of intrest, did you patch the software you installed to the latest stable version? The installers are meant to help with the ease of installing not keeping your site secure.

I agree with what others are saying. You went there with an attitude. Like, did it ever dawn that when Gary was not responding, that he may have been trying to solve your issue?
You go in with an attitude you can be almost certain to get ignored.

As others have said - It is more likely that your site got hacked from an exploit on the software you did not keep updated. This has nothing to do with the host at all, its your fault.

But have you also thought that your password could have been "guessed", or "known"? And this is why other sites you own are being attacked? Cause your using the same password..?

The attitude you had in the chat would have made any host just not want to help you. You used blackmail and corrected the technician's phrase while he was checking your issue. Perhaps the table should be turned around and cirtexhosting should post about you?

FYI, the only reason you got hacked and you are being ddosed is because you seem to enjoy pissing people off.... by just reading this conversation I can understand why.

Last edited:
hmm, bad attitude, if i am the support staff, i will not answer and straight suspend the account for threatening me.

hmm, bad attitude, if i am the support staff, i will not answer and straight suspend the account for threatening me.

Some hosts state in their TOS that if you abuse or threaten their support staff, they can suspend your account. Might want to keep that in mind.

I wouldn't have put up with what you did there, I would have cut you off and told you to submit a ticket... It's not "Gary's" fault that you got hacked :tired2:

hey, how bout we make this thread as "FWS Joke Of The Year?"

this feller make mistake by running a script with lots of hole and he blame the hosting company for his own mistake and threaten them.

the staff dont own u anything. If u ask in a more polite tones, perhaps cirtex can help u to solve a seem a script problem more than a host problem.

Here a few tips to get Tech Support without yelling at a tech

1. Remember there’s a human on the other end. It doesn’t matter if the customer support rep is here, there, in India, wherever, they’re still human. Treat them with dignity and respect. Their sole purpose is to help you so be kind and thank them in advance for their assistance. The nicer you are the nicer they’ll be in response — this is simple human nature.

2. Don’t assume your request will be ignored. I’m always surprised by the number of people who start or end their email with “No one will probably see this, but…” Don’t assume that. It devalues the request, starts the exchange off on a negative, and puts the support agent on the defensive.

3. Don’t start with a threat. “Do this immediately or else…” or “If you don’t do this I’ll report you to the Better Business Bureau” or “If you don’t do that I’m going to report this to my bank and other authorities” or “If you don’t respond within 4 hours you’ll be hearing from my lawyer…” It’s not uncommon to hear this on the first email from people. I don’t know if folks assume you are out to get them or they’ve been burned before, but starting with a threat never helps your cause. Given the choice to help two people, the customer service person is naturally going to help who appears easiest to help first. Plus, people will do more for others who are kind to them than they will for someone sounding bitter and dismissive right from the start.

4. Provide useful, descriptive, relevant information. This can be a tough one since people don’t always know what’s relevant, but think it through before you send your support request. If you are having trouble logging in, don’t just say “I can’t login. Any ideas?” Instead say “Whenever I try to login, the login screen just reloads without an error message. I know my username and password is correct. Any ideas? Thanks.” That extra bit of information will help considerably and will reduce the number of back-and-forth emails between you and the support person.

5. Don’t write overly detailed, wordy support requests. The longer your email the more of a burden it puts on the customer support person. They have to read the entire thing (I’ve seen simple support requests balloon into two printed pages), sift through to find what’s meaningful, and spend more time figuring out exactly what’s wrong. Since they’re trying to help you, you want to reduce their burden. You want to make it as easy as possible for them to help you. So, be clear, concise, and brief. More words often confuses instead of clarifies the issue. Save the wordiness for the thank you email once the problem has been solved.

I hope this is helpful. Just as customer support folks need to learn to provide great customer support, customers need to learn how to be great customers.

Source from www.37signals.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back