• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Download Script

Digital PoliX

Hey everyone. I'm on an NT server (Grrr) and I need a download script. (PERL or ASP) I need the following.

* Outputs all the files in a certain directory into ABC order on seperate webpages Like at the top of the webpage is the alphabet and you click on a certain letter and it takes you to a list of files that begin with that letter.

*Counts clicks and produces some type of file that can used as SSI.

* You can input how big the file is, who the file is by, and the Name of the file.

-------

Does anyone know of such a script. Free if possible.

Incase you are wondering I run a game community site for the game Interstate 82. We have a HUGE map collection and we need to get it a little more organized.

Thanks in Advace for any help I recieve,
Digital PoliX

If your post is still unanswered when I come back from vacation on Monday, I'll start on an ASP script for you....I'm always looking for scripts to add to my portfolio.

Oh man!!!

Thank you so much. I guess I'll wait to see if someone can answer this little post. If not, post a message here, and we'll get to talking more. :)

Thanks Bro,
-DP

Ok, I'm home now, and I think I'll start on the shell of the script tonite (just a bit tho, cause I have to work at 9 tomorrow and its late).

Email me at dryden@hotpop.com, and give me all the details you can think of, ok?

Hey man, are you still interested in this script, or am I wasting my time?

Is anyone else interested in it?

I don't know about other people, but you're probably just wasting your time with him. Most of the people just come here once asking for something and then never come back.

You're probably right....unless he speaks up, I guess I'll just write it my way and add it to my portfolio...

Exactly the reason why I didn't email the guy tho...if he doesn't care enough to come back and check, then he doesn't care enough to get the script from me...

Wowsers ... calm down guys. I've been out of town the past week. Thanks for the offer, but I have one of my friends writing the script in PHP.

Thanks anyways Though.

Ummm....

Is there a reason you think this thread should be closed?

Personally, I'm hoping someone will speak up and say they're interested in the script....and regardless, I can't think of one good reason why it should be closed....

Back