• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DreamBox

Fried

Has anyone used DreamBox? It's brilliant, its basicly like sky, but its FREE! And the thing about it IS:

The digital box system runs on a linux operating system! And you can actully access it through the internet if you wanted to! It's got its own control panel etc, you just type in the IP address in your web browser and it will ask you for your login and password :). It's also got FTP so you can upload modifications and skins and templates etc. PLUS you can also watch TV on your computer using the control panel if you wanted to as well.

I dont know what your talking about, I've been able to access that IP from several different computers.
Because all those computers are on the same network.

Regardless, people outside of your local network cannot access a 192.168 net.

Last edited:
The ip is http://87.112.1.62
But it shows an apache page. I've installed apache on one of my computers and all of the machines in my house use the same IP. So WTF? Theres two apaches running on the same network. So I dunno...

your router is using your real IP that your ISP gives you.

and you router is assigning a virtual 192.168.x.x ip to every computer that is connected to your router.

ip from router = can be accessed form the internet
virtual ip = can be accessed from computers connected to your router only

Yeah but remember: Its a dreambox, not a linux computer, so Im not sure how to do it if its not a computer. Unless I edit the files or something

Yeah but remember: Its a dreambox, not a linux computer, so Im not sure how to do it if its not a computer. Unless I edit the files or something
You set up port forwarding on in your router's web interface, not in the dreambox. Go to 192.168.0.1 (most likely your router's ip) and forward port 80(http) to 192.1680.0.51 (your dreambox).

I got a DB-500 myself, but I use it to get FTA satellite programming (NASA channel, GoalTV, etc.)

Back