• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Earth at night.

Thats just like when i arrive in NY. See all the lights flying over the city. Its really nice.

Well, generally, when I arrive in NY, it's daytime, so I don't see any of those lights from the airplane. However, at nighttime, the city is beautiful even from the land. I do see lots of lights when I arrive in Shanghai, but not nearly as many as New York.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Well, generally, when I arrive in NY, it's daytime, so I don't see any of those lights from the airplane. However, at nighttime, the city is beautiful even from the land. I do see lots of lights when I arrive in Shanghai, but not nearly as many as New York.

Where from Ny do you stay?

Damn... Israel is really lit up... so is Las Vegas... see the little spec with so much brightness?

Marvellous how the whole world is in darkness at the same time huh? ;)

I queried that when I first saw this a year or so ago. Seems they took a lot of pics at different intervals to create the big picture. :cool2:

Originally posted by Jan
Marvellous how the whole world is in darkness at the same time huh? ;)

I queried that when I first saw this a year or so ago. Seems they took a lot of pics at different intervals to create the big picture. :cool2:

Yep, that was exactly what I was thinking as I looked at the picture. They must have taken multiple pics and then paste it together.

Originally posted by DCI
Where from Ny do you stay?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand. :confused: If you're asking about the hotel, I've never actually lived nor stayed in New York City. I just arrive at JFK Airport and go straight to New Jersey. :biggrin2:

Is the East side of the US really more lit up than the West side?
I'm surprised how the whole of India is pretty much lit up compared to only a tiny fraction of Australia. :)

Australia is close to the same size as USA, but very much lower population. We have wide open spaces and fresh air :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Jan
Australia is close to the same size as USA, but very much lower population. We have wide open spaces and fresh air :biggrin2:

Close to the same size? I don't think it's ANYWHERE near. The US has Alaska, and that alone is 3/4 the size of Australia.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Close to the same size? I don't think it's ANYWHERE near. The US has Alaska, and that alone is 3/4 the size of Australia.
Don't underestimate this little island continent ;)

From http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html

Location: Oceania, continent between the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean Geographic coordinates: 27 00 S, 133 00 E
Map references: Oceania
Area: total: 7,686,850 sq km

land: 7,617,930 sq km

water: 68,920 sq km

note: includes Lord Howe Island and Macquarie Island
Area - comparative: slightly smaller than the contiguous 48 states of the US

Buenos Aires is very bright! Considering some company is starting to build another Nuclear Power Plant there will be more power to go around... the ironic thing is this country is in deep recession.

Back