• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

EISA Configuration ??

Reaper28

Theres a invisible partition on my drive i just noticed.

its a "Healthy (EISA Configuration)" partition but its hidden its about 9.77GB big.

What is it and can i remove it ??

What type of computer do you have?

On one of my HP laptops, there's a built in recovery partition that's approximately that size, though it is not hidden. It may be a recovery partition.

It's possibly a recovery partition setup by your PC manufacturer. Dell setup one of these partitions on my laptop but it's not hidden.

Acer do create a recovery partition. If you ever have a major problem with windows, you can restore your laptop back to the way it was when you first got it.

I do not recommend removing this partition unless you have recovery disks. If you have recovery disks then you can remove it if you want, it just means it will take longer to reinstall Windows and all software that is preinstalled with your laptop.

[JSH]John;1053445 said:
Acer do create a recovery partition. If you ever have a major problem with windows, you can restore your laptop back to the way it was when you first got it.

I do not recommend removing this partition unless you have recovery disks. If you have recovery disks then you can remove it if you want, it just means it will take longer to reinstall Windows and all software that is preinstalled with your laptop.

how do i remove it ?
this laptop has already been reformatted and OS re-installed already by me so the original configuration is gone, i just want that partition removed.

Back