• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

email clicks

shred444

Does anyone know of a program...or know how to make a program that...

- emails members of a website
- the members must read and click on the link inside the email in order to stay a member
- if they do not click on 1 email a week, their account will be temperaraly removed.
- the link in the email would link to a affiliat's website.

if you do, can you post a message here? or an ideas too..

Umm... he only way I could see doing that would be to link to a script on your site that keeps track of their clicks, and then sends them to the affiliate link.

Like /click.cgi?username=pooh&affiliate=61 then that would send the username to a database to keep track of who is clicking, and then send them to affilitate number 61.

I have no idea how to actually do that, but that is how I see how it could work.

yea thats what i was thinking, only i could make it like a frame too, at the bottom. That would make sure you went to the site. Im not too good at cgi, i usually just find premade programs and use em like that.

have the link to your sites script

check user details etc do your updates

send redirect header to the site you want them to go to

no need for frames then

they would only see affiliate site :( your poor users forced to see crappy sites once a week :p

you could also create a 2 frame page where the top one redirects to update the database in, say 10 secs (so it'll auto-redirect to update the database saying the user was there) while the other frame loads the affiliate.

although i don't see what would be valuable enough for any user to go through this mess...

well basically, i run a non profit site.

The only way to make money is to advertise. And in these days, it takes alot. Just putting banners on pages doesnt really help. I now realize how hard this email idea is, but i have been thinking of another idea

Is there a way to count how many times each user visits a site? For instance: i use a program called lockedarea to password protect my site. They can sign up and automatically be added to the members list. It stores their information like this:

Jonathan Cohn|shred444@aol.com|shred444|shred444|http://www.roboticgarden.com|05/23/2001

where the information is divided with a |. Does anyone use this script or know how to ad another | to put something like...

Jonathan Cohn|shred444@aol.com|shred444|shred444|http://www.roboticgarden.com|05/23/2001|57

where 57 is the amount of times someone visited the site.

-------------
the reason i want this is for people to plant a seed in the garden, they must first aquire a certain amount of points. when they plant a seed, it subtracts X amount of points from the count.

If you dont know what my site is about, check it out,.,,

Back