• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Enough is enough with the free domain hosts

wswd

Premium
Premium Member
Can we please ban these ridiculous hosting "companies" who can't even afford the $7 per year to get their own domain name?

HostingForU (hostingforu.tk) comes to mind recently, though there are always plenty more.

Looks like 2 of his pots from today have been removed...he had 5 just an hour or so ago. I'm guessing the ones were removed where he was replying to posts that were over 2 months old.

That's a referral site for duo servers

People get warned/banned here for breaking the rules, not because we don't approve of their choices.

That's a referral site for duo servers

People get warned/banned here for breaking the rules, not because we don't approve of their choices.

They never mention anywhere that they are a referral site for another company. In fact, they make it sound as though they are offering the products on their website.

I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that a "company" who can't afford a $7 domain should be allowed to post and advertise their services. While FWS obviously doesn't recommend or endorse hosts in the forum, allowing such things is just going to ultimately give FWS a bad reputation when you get the "Well I got a recommendation for this .tk host over at FWS, and a month later, the company just shut down without any warning" type responses.

hostingforu offers top-class Linux cloud hosting plans with the option to choose where you want your sites to be located for higher load speeds.

Certainly sounds to me like they are telling people this is their service, not someone else's

As Jan said it's a referral so they get an infraction for that and won't be able to post offers. Usually if it's a free domain it's also a cobrand or a referral site. We already do not allow those to post offers here.

Then would it be a huge issue to make a change to the rules to not allow free domain hosts to be advertised on the forums? Most of the unlimited offers I see are on free domain hosts. It might be a helpful thing.

As I said, what legitimate host can't afford $7 per year for a real domain? I easily spent twice that on dinner tonight. These guys can't come up with that money for an entire year? How are they paying for their hosting then? Are they all over on Youhosting? Probably. ;)

As I said, what legitimate host can't afford $7 per year for a real domain? I easily spent twice that on dinner tonight. These guys can't come up with that money for an entire year? How are they paying for their hosting then? Are they all over on Youhosting? Probably. ;)

Some of them, I think from Byet as well.
But anyway, I did spotted a few Youhosting reseller who have TLD domain too.
They are not really active at here, probably they do understand the rules at here, which is something good anyway.
:)

I think what the moderators are trying to say is: If people report the problems, they will be resolved shortly after the report.

They are not really active at here,
:)
Not now, but a few years ago, we were tossing about 10 a day! I guess the novelty wore off finally. Then came all the 000 host affiliate spammers. Looks like youhosting is the new sliced bread.

Not now, but a few years ago, we were tossing about 10 a day! I guess the novelty wore off finally. Then came all the 000 host affiliate spammers. Looks like youhosting is the new sliced bread.

1st is Byet, then 000, then now Youhosting...
And those who ride on these free stuffs are arguing with those who are in business, like they are more superior because they are providing hosting for free, using free stuffs...
And what makes me mad is, they were talking like their hosting service which using .co.cc is so "powerful"....
LOL

Back