• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Every webhost should have this!

Gabriel

"Contact information

Support Methods (Desks, Live chat, forums, etc. with at least one method listed)

Plan and package costs with ALL the costs clearly spelled out.

Name and address or phone number in the Whois information.

Credit Card acceptance methods (Gateway or Merchants account)"

When ever the customer want to look for the host they atleast need this informations.

Hello Gabriel,

You're right i seen few of the host doesn't show their phonenumber and few of the host hide their address too.

It's nice to have this type of good questions in this forums

Atleast from this, they have to make their correction.......

Originally posted by vanitha@accuweb It's nice to have this type of good questions in this forums
Mr Gopinath is good at threads like this :bandit2:

I don't expect every host to list an address because most are home-based businesses, which is perfectly fine. And I don't even expect them to list a telephone number, because again, it's not always needed.

But I do expect a web host to list real information on their WHOIS. Failure to do that leads me to believe that obviously there's a lot they aren't telling us. A webhost who blocks their WHOIS info (name, address, city, state, Zip code, telephone number ) should be carefully considered.

Well I, www.WebspaceUK.com, blocked these details because I am a home based company but I feel that giving these details is not needed. Why does someone need to know where I live?

I do however feel that Live help is a yes. I am running this company of my experiance and what I feel is anoying from previous hosting companys. So I have a LiveHelp open to all, forums, and phpTickets.

I do however if requested give a fowarding telephone number, but an appointment must be created to ring up.

Surly what I offer is ok?

WebspaceUK.com wrote:
Why does someone need to know where I live? . . . if requested (I) give a fowarding telephone number
Hiding the whois information means that the only way to contact a given business is through the information on the site, which is usually only an email address. That means an 'unscrupulous' individual could simply collect all the fees and then disappear whenever they wanted. No paper trail and no way to sue the owner. Good for you, bad for the customers.

Now I'm in no way suggesting that you would do such a thing, but the reality is that with no contact information, you could.

I personally only deal with businesses that have a brick and mortor presence, or from 'home' businesses if they provide an actual address.

When people sign up for your service, do you expect THEM to provide you with valid address/phone number information? Most hosts do. So if you require it of them, is it not hypocriitical to be unwilling to provide it yourself?

Please don't think I'm picking on you here, my comments would stand toward anyone would would want to hide their identity while running a business.

Running a business entails being responsible for your actions. If a person is unwilling to post information that could be used to hold them accountable for their actions when running a business, then perhaps business life is not for them.

Regards,

Savant

Originally posted by WebspaceUK.com
Well I, www.WebspaceUK.com, blocked these details because I am a home based company but I feel that giving these details is not needed. Why does someone need to know where I live?

I do however feel that Live help is a yes. I am running this company of my experiance and what I feel is anoying from previous hosting companys. So I have a LiveHelp open to all, forums, and phpTickets.

I do however if requested give a fowarding telephone number, but an appointment must be created to ring up.

Surly what I offer is ok?

Get a PO Box.

Back