• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

exporting logo in photoshop cs6 as high resolution

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
Does anyone know how I can save a file for online printing in photoshop cs6 in high resolution?

Vista Print keeps telling me that the files are low resolution and wont print well.

If anyone can help provide a solution, I would appreciate it. I have Googled this until my brain hurts. Not sure if I am typing in the wrong thing or what, but none of the results are actually going into any details what so ever on how to accomplish what I am trying to accomplish.

I just dont want to place this order with Vistaprint, and then get the marketing materials and the logo look all messed up.

What resolution are you trying to give them?

I'm guessing rather they're referring to the DPI. When you open a document in Photoshop (canvas), change the resolution to at least 300dpi. That's considered print quality. 72dpi, which is probably what you're using, is considered web quality.

http://www.wswd.net/bryan/ps_print_quality.png

Really for a logo, especially for printing, you should be using Illustrator and creating vector images.

What resolution are you trying to give them?

I'm guessing rather they're referring to the DPI. When you open a document in Photoshop (canvas), change the resolution to at least 300dpi. That's considered print quality. 72dpi, which is probably what you're using, is considered web quality.

ps_print_quality.png

Really for a logo, especially for printing, you should be using Illustrator and creating vector images.

That is the main part I cant really figure out how to do (simple im sure, but not for me) is how to change the resolution to 300 DPI.

Have you looked at the image I linked in my last post? You would do that when opening a new canvas to create an image.

If you already have an image, go to Image -> Image Size and then change the resolution in the box that comes up. It's probably defaulting to 72dpi.

Have you looked at the image I linked in my last post? You would do that when opening a new canvas to create an image.

If you already have an image, go to Image -> Image Size and then change the resolution in the box that comes up. It's probably defaulting to 72dpi.

It was set to 92. something for the resolution. I changed it to 300 resolution, and then "saved for web".

Then, I went to vistaprint.com and went to add it, and they are still saying it is low resolution. Which I dont know if it is just their system or what, because it actually looks better than the others did.

Hmmmmm. That's a weird one. I'm not sure you want to use the "Save for Web" when you're doing higher-quality stuff. Try going to "Save As" instead, make sure the quality is set all the way up (12), and save it in a lossless format (TIFF, for example.).

It could very well just be their system too.

Hmmmmm. That's a weird one. I'm not sure you want to use the "Save for Web" when you're doing higher-quality stuff. Try going to "Save As" instead, make sure the quality is set all the way up (12), and save it in a lossless format (TIFF, for example.).

It could very well just be their system too.

I am not real sure what you meant by "12", but I did do the "save as" and vista print still did the same error like message.

I think you are right, I think it is their stupid systems. So, I came up with an alternative solution.

Back