• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

F2S or Datablocks...

Neither is better. They are both slooow. If you must choose one though choose f2s because every script in your cgi-bin at datablocks will turn up a 404 error.

Everyone says they are slow, but I've never actually had a speed problem with either of them.

Of course, now I can't even get into Datablock's FTP, so yeah. F2S.

[Edited by RonDoubt on 02-19-2001 at 02:27 PM]

My registration with datablock did not work and they never answered my mail. f2s is slow sometimes, but most times it is *very* fast, *if* it works. A few minutes ago, I got the message "document contained no data"

Nevertheless I believe that f2s is better than digitalrice, kyd or portland.

Originally posted by Albert
f2s .. A few minutes ago, I got the message "document contained no data"

Correction: I thought the server is down again, but there has been a problem with my last upload, since another file worked.

I know everyone says datablocks is slow, but I don't mind them. I have two sites there now, one with an ikonboard, so cgi works fine for me. Don't really see why everyone complains so much about them, now portland is another story...

If your targeted audience is in Europe, try F2S as it is geographically located there, giving a faster speed. If the targeted audience lives in North America, try Datablocks. Also, if you plan to use MySQL, do not use F2S as they lower your space to 5 megs when you enable MySQL.

Originally posted by Coolin
if you plan to use MySQL, do not use F2S as they lower your space to 5 megs when you enable MySQL. [/B]
Really? They do that? I never knew... why do they do that, though?

No idea, I just heard that they do that (probably because the MySQL database takes up space). I think the same thing happens when you enable Frontpage Extensions.

This is bad. My board at F2S.com is down again. I don't know if I should switch to datablocks or not. I have heard mixed reviews on both of them so I don't know which one I should stick with. The F2S board works great when it works...but when it is down...arrgggggggg

Does datablock offers 5 MB of data storage like F2S?

I signed up with f2s about a couple months ago just to test some scripts hear and there and from that time, it seems to me that they are actually getting faster by the moment. Maybe it just depends on what server you're located on at f2s.

Back