• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

F2S Resumes sign-ups

From F2S sign up page:

"PLEASE NOTE: The new webservers are currently experimental.
Only signup now if you do not mind lots of downtime!"

Originally posted by Ozy
From F2S sign up page:

"PLEASE NOTE: The new webservers are currently experimental.
Only signup now if you do not mind lots of downtime!"
It says that on the sign up page since last summer.
The server are terrible at first but get better after a month or 2.

I got my F2S account(s) but I will probabbly keep my FateBack ones incase there is a problem with the F2S servers .. HAHA

Having problems with the FTP ... they said that my FTP was ftp.freebworld.f2s.com but it won't connect ... what's the deal ?

I can't :( ... Gyrbo, you have the same connection as I have... can you acces F2S ?

When I go to www.f2s.com, I see this:

A problem occured on the origin server:
- Could not connect to the server

Last edited:
I have the answers

F2S accounts are activated only the next morning so you will have to wait 5-6 hours until you can FTP or you can access your accounts.

I signed up for an F2S account last october and only in march they removed the experimental tag from my server and moved it to the 24*7 monitoring thing they have.

Whenever they resume signups it mean they have got new servers and they test it until they are sure that the server is good and can handle the load. That may take months as in the above case.

You find out what server you are on by typing this command on the dos prompt

ping www.yourusernamehere.f2s.com

Originally posted by Johnny
Why don't they just get the same serve they using so they know that it works fine.

Coz the old servers are already full. F2S moves on to a new server or servers when the old servers are already full. I would love to be on server 26....the best!

Re: I have the answers

Originally posted by lastactionhero
F2S accounts are activated only the next morning so you will have to wait 5-6 hours until you can FTP or you can access your accounts.

I signed up for an F2S account last october and only in march they removed the experimental tag from my server and moved it to the 24*7 monitoring thing they have.

Whenever they resume signups it mean they have got new servers and they test it until they are sure that the server is good and can handle the load. That may take months as in the above case.

You find out what server you are on by typing this command on the dos prompt

ping www.yourusernamehere.f2s.com
but that still doesn't tell me why i can't access www.f2s.com

Re: Re: I have the answers

Originally posted by Phrozen

but that still doesn't tell me why i can't access www.f2s.com

Must be some connection problem between your ISP and f2s.com. Try a traceroute and you will most probably know what's the problem and/or just wait for a few hours.

Back