• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fast Free Host

jnco

I am in need of a fast free host, has around 10-15 megs of space, and has NO ADs of any sort

thanks

netfirms and 9cy both have ads.

in fact, 9cy has those truely horrific ads that have no "x" to close the popup, and have audio/video with them. and not only that, but i get multiple popups for a single, non-frame page.

host.sk has no ads, but i've found that they're 50/50 with speed. it seems like everyone inside the US finds them to be pretty slow. although, i did access my website with them today and found they'd gone from snail-like to pretty reasonable (as far as speed).

i went around opening trial accounts at several free sites. 9cy was very very fast, but the ads were kind of scarey, they were so aggressive. host.sk has great features, but their speed fluctuates alot, and you're pretty much on your own as far a support unless you know the langauge or can tolerate their forums.

for a site that small, www.freewebz.com is OK. they're not going to win any awards on speed, but they never get any really really slow times. you're only allowed 1 file upload at a time in a browser, no ftp. BUT, you can zip all your files into one zip file, upload it, and unzip INSIDE your file manager / browser, and all the files and directories and what not are kept.

9cy's ftp system worries me. it seems like a security breech waiting to happen....

Last edited:
host.sk is slow.
Netfirms has really annoying banners.
9cy has stopped the onslaught of ads.
FreeWebz has the most annoying and slow control panel. Speed of the actual websites aren't bad, though.

Back