• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Favorite guitarist on this summer's G3 tour

Favorite Guitarist On G#

• Joe Satriani

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Steve Vai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Pettrucci

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who?

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
Nope. No culture at all.

The G3 tour is the 3 aforementioned guitaists playing together.

I would've thought someone here would be a shred guitar fan.

Those old codgers can outplay those whiny, seven-string-tuned-down-to-dirt-guitar playing, nu-metal, "no training required" guitarists anyday.

Shred forever!!!

Originally posted by Minion
Those old codgers can outplay those whiny, seven-string-tuned-down-to-dirt-guitar playing, nu-metal, "no training required" guitarists anyday.

Shred forever!!!

7 string guitars are gay, and so are the bands that ply them.

i hate nu metal and that korn, slayer shit.

dont get me wrong- satriani and them are awesome guitar players.

Minion, in case you haven't realized, the 80s have been over for nearly 12 years now. People of today just don't understand what a real guitar solo is and can't see why it is such an incredible aspect of music. Guitar playing, specifically soloing, is as much an attitude as it is music.
This attitude is foreign to the entertainment mainstream, so they shun, scorn, and ridicule our tight-knit community all in their best attempt to shove away and hide our music from the public, who will unfortunately always be brain-washed by the latest trends (boy band, rock-rap garbage) and are thus unable to think freely and discover our music.

As for the above poll my vote would go to Joe Satriani.

Satriani has made 3 brilliant albums: Surfing With The Alien, Flying In A Blue Dream and The Extremist.
Joe is one of those rare guitarists who is technically precise and at the same time puts a lot of emotion into his solos.

Steve Vai only made 1 brilliant album: Passion and Warfare
His musical direction has bewildered me. I really can't get into his other albums, too much weird stuff and not enough rock n roll. A far cry from his Alcatrazz days.

My guitar hero is Yngwie Malmsteen :)

i hate the term nu-metal. whoever came up with that is an idiot. i like korns first couple of cds but they are one of the few in that genre i like.

When i think of guitar gods i think of Jimmy Page, Alvin Lee, Jimi Hendrix.

on a different note, anyone hear the new system of a down cd? exellent stuff. they are not nu-metal either.

posted by jason:
i hate the term nu-metal. whoever came up with that is an idiot. i like korns first couple of cds but they are one of the few in that genre i like.
Well we hate the term "hair metal" that people from your camp constantly use to describe our music. I think we have a right to label your music in return, don't we?

When i think of guitar gods i think of Jimmy Page, Alvin Lee, Jimi Hendrix.
Gotta agree and disagree with you here. I agree with you on Jimi Hendrix being a guitar god. His performance of the Star Spangled Banner was one of the most amazing spectacles ever witnessed in rock history. Personally, I have a grudge against Jimmy Page. Why? Because I felt Black Sabbath were the true inventors of Heavy Metal, not Led Zeppelin as the historians put it.

on a different note, anyone hear the new system of a down cd? exellent stuff. they are not nu-metal either.
Well if you like it and it makes you happy, then more power to you. I'm a guitar player, and this thread has other guitar enthusiasts on it and we tend to prefer more melodic music. At least I do :D

Last edited:
It sure took SOAD long enough to come out with their second album... I listened to their first all through high school, and am now a sophomore in college.

i've always thought of black sabbath to be the orginators of metal as well, not sure why they wouls say Zep. they were hard but a lot of their stuff was closer to folk rock or blues rock or something like that. They are one of my favorite bands however, and Pink Floyd.

I like all sorts of music from Psychedlic music, heavy metal, early 80's punk, newer prog rock like Tool and all sorts of bands inbetween. When i think of hair metal i think of commerical bands like Warrent or Poison, Motley Crue. Not the bands Minion orginally listed.

Back