• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FDCServers? Never EVER! Worst company I've worked with..

BernardoCR

I am here to share experiences and to say somethings about FDC that are choking my throat.

I used to work with GIGENET to run an IRC Network. Never had problem with them, they are awsome. Too bad they cancelled all IRC network.

So, a friend of mine told that FDCservers should be a nice company to "replace" gigenet. Huge mistake..

I started to run a dedicated server with them, on Apr. 22.

One day after that, they had problems on Denver datacenter, that last for 2 days. Connection going up and down. Could barely finish setup.

All set, configured, including firewalls (pf) on FreeBSD, and started running the servers and put them on the network, someone started to attack the server to test how FDC would behave on that.

One day running the server there, FDC couldn't even mitigate the attacks.

When I told my server was down and asked support if they had DDoS protected network, they told me:

"Would you like us to restart it?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'protected ddos network', just about anything
connected to a network is vulnerable to a DoS attack.

The bandwidth you need really depends on what you are doing, and that is you decision. As far as holding off the ddos attacks, a large ddos attack can bring down an entire network segment. With more bandwidth it might not be as bad, but you would still notice.

I can forward you to billing if you would like a price quote, just let me
know.
--
--
Ryan A
FDC Support Denver"

Isn't it funny?

On their TOS, item 19, it says:

19. IRC:
If Subscriber runs IRC on our standard network, FDC will disconnect the service that FDC provides to Subscriber until Subscriber agrees to be moved to FDC’s IRC network

Wow! So they do have an IRC network! But it seems to be nothing more than a normal network, fragile and weak against attacks. That's great FDC! Congrats!

They have nulled one IP, 2 IPs, than the whole server!

Next day I asked for cancellation. Nobody in good health would keep his/her server running there. And as it's not my fault, they should give me a refund. I am not cancelling because I want to, even because I spent some hours, maybe days, setting up the server and all the configurations. No! I am requesting cancellation because they can't mitigate anything.

This is the answer of the billing dept:

Costumer:

Hello,

Can I ask for cancelation and a refund for the remaining days?

It's just to bad for me being nulled by getting ddos. Thought fdc would be more efficient taking care of that.

This weekend, when I asked support on ddos, I asked if my server had protection on ddos attacks, and the answer was "I'm not sure what you mean by 'protected ddos network', just about anything connected to a network is vulnerable to a DoS attack."

Knowing that some other datacenters have protection against DDoS, like gigenet with proxyshield and etc, I thought FDC would have something like too.

Thank you.

FDC Representative:

Hello there,
we are very sorry to hear you had trouble like this. Unfortunately as of right
now we don't provide any kind of DDos protection. We are working on fixing that issue in the near future. As far as the refund goes - unfortunately I can not issue any kind of partial refund as we don't have SLA (service level agreement) and our TOS dictates no partial refunds on early cancels.. So you could either cancel now with no partial refund/credit or continue using the server till the end of the billing cycle - if the second option appeals to you you I may be able to extend your billling cycle by few days so you could use the server longer - but I am not sure if that is something you wish at this point. Please let us know your decision so we may mark your account accordingly.
--
Thank You,
Nicole K.
FDCservers.net

Costumer:

So I will have to use the server, and if FDC can't handle the attacks my server is getting, and null my IPs, i'll have to continue using it until the end of the cycle? That's unacceptable. How am I supposed to use a server with nulled IPs?

FDC Representative:

Unfortunately that is what it is. If your server got attacked, then we will have to nullroute your server to protect our entire network. We don't issue credit or refund for early cancellation.
--

Thank you
Sales/Billing work hours: 9am-5pm CST Mon-Fri
Prompt reply is not guaranteed after hours and weekends.

Ticket closed.

So guys, "that is what it is"! Do you know what that is? STEALING MONEY! That is what it is? Come on.. go to hell..

If you're smart, don't even go to their website!

I'll have my credit card issuer called to ask for cancelation of FDC payment. Of course, I'll pay them for the days I have used the server. I am a fair person, different from others...

If credit card can't do anything, this will be the last cent I put in FDC. They can't win money as a serious company, maybe that's why they don't give refunds.

It sia strange to here about your negative review. I have never used this web hosting company before but I have heard a lot of good feedbacks about them.

Iv never met someone stupid enough to DDoS their own server before :D.

Anyway may I suggest http://www.staminus.net/UNMETERED

Best DDoS protection I ever had, I used to receive emails all the time saying my server had been DDoS'd but it never went offline lol, its WELL worth the extra money...

Or a cheaper place which has OK ddos protection is sharktech.net, they use FDC datacenter but have a network with ddos protection within it and their own ips.
But they do not match http://www.staminus.net not even close.

FCD is good for cheap bandwidth, not so good for decent services.

Iv never met someone stupid enough to DDoS their own server before :D.

Anyway may I suggest http://www.staminus.net/UNMETERED

Best DDoS protection I ever had, I used to receive emails all the time saying my server had been DDoS'd but it never went offline lol, its WELL worth the extra money...

Or a cheaper place which has OK ddos protection is sharktech.net, they use FDC datacenter but have a network with ddos protection within it and their own ips.
But they do not match http://www.staminus.net not even close.

FCD is good for cheap bandwidth, not so good for decent services.

Some nice deals on the staminus servers ATM, particularly if they are good.

At least they were polite xD I've seen worse. But the "I'm not sure what you mean by..." deserves a really nice facepalm....

159days already gone to FIX DDOS protection at My servers. I always care about my cus so still I'm not lunge VPS or Dedicated servers..

It's question about your Nature not Money..!

I have 2 servers with fdc right now and they both offline due to "ddos"

this is ridiculous, never dealing with FDC again

they claim one of their customers brought it on, and they nullrouted the affected IPs....APPARENTLY NOT THE CASE BECAUSE I HAVE 2 SEPARATE DEDI'S DOWN RIGHT NOW. comedy.

It is sad to hear about that. Biut I believe you registered here just to post that negative review and I would like to hear another side of this story.

Back