• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Featureprice - anyone sue them?

mjpcomp

Sorry to say, I am a featureprice/hosting-network customer (signed up back in 2001).

Anyway, I've read that they don't honor their 99.9% uptime (that I can attest to), and that they don't refund any money, saying they their billing company is in Austria!

I just want to know if anyone is organizing a lawsuit against them? If so, please let me know. We're currently stuck in a one year contract with them, and can barely access our sites.

Don't plan on contacting their technical support, cuz all you get is "everything's working right now."

I've asked them to fix the clock on one of their servers for the past 1 and a half months - it's WAY off, and screwing up my site.

Don't want to turn this into a rant...

I know they have complaints filed against them with the FTC, BBB, and even the state of Florida - has anyone received any news back? Has anyone attempted to sue them?

Thanks,
Jas

They aren't

They are based in Ft. Myers, Florida - USA.

They tell people that their billing is handled in Austria - which is total garbage.

They are the ones accepting the money, they are the ones sending the bills, all their equipment is located in the united states.

Uptime Assurance Coverage & Limitation

Featureprice Assurances service availability of 99.9% of any 12-month period, the following limitation of coverage applies: Server reboots, scheduled server maintenance's, CPU / Memory / HDD failures, manual server misconfigurations are covered; RAID cluster failures, Registry DNS outages or Registrar DNS failures, Denial of Service attacks, Acts of God, Wars and any third-party failures are NOT covered. Example of this would be if a person(s) create attacks or bad programming /scripting that stops or crashes the hosting machine that your on.
Unless you've been with them for a full 12 month period they're not violating their contract no matter how low their uptime gets.
They offer the 'guarantee' as well but don't list what they'll do if they don't make it either so it looks fairly useless to me.
Not saying it's right but you agreed to it when you signed up. And their pricing is an indication of it as well.

And we have...

We've been with them well over 1 year. I just wish I had known of these sites before we signed up with them.

I've been with them too and they're incredibly unreliable.

They disabled my sites and wouldn't even tell me why! I had to figure out that I was using to much bandwith at the time. They say you get unlimited, but you get an extremely little amount to use at a given time so a few people downloading a file will kill all your sites.

I might add that their tech support isn't very good at all.

I would really like to see them get shut down, or explode into flames. Either works for me.

I sorta figured out a way...

Well, I too fell for the "unlimited" bandwidth when I signed up back in 2001.... Later, they informed me that is was 20gb, and a couple weeks ago, they upped it to 25gb..

Either, way, I use WAY more than that, but, I realized something:

Those on the old Plesk servers, if you were lucky enough to add subdomains, you can shift some heavy downloads there - their system is screwed enough that the 25gb is separated, so EACH domain and subdomain has its own 25gb limit, but I think they sample each hour...

Currrently, I use about 15 different website monitoring services... Uptime since the beginning of this year, less than 80%... But, I'm stuck til October, so gotta find a new host, shift sites, and keep heavy downloads with FP......

Either way - FP SUCKS, AND I WISH THEY WOULD GO TO HELL.

There may have been a suit thread @ www.webhostingtalk.com but don't quote me on that.

With a medium like the internet that's unregulated and an exploding area such as hosting, it's bound to make a fertile ground for fraud.

My bet is that tons of kids and even adults will make up fake hosting, grab the money, and run to wal-mart to buy an xbox.

All you have to do is put the words "unlimited space" and "unlimited bandwidth" in an ad and presto...:D

The chances of being caught are next to none, too.

Sucka! :biggrin2:

Last edited:
Well..

Yeah, I know about the talks going on outside these forums in others...

But, since I doubt I'll be getting anything back, I have 2 options:

1 - Pick another webhost, move my sites, and use up the bandwidth on FP by hosting all downloads that I don't really care about (i.e. if they are down for a few hours, it doesn't matter that much)

2 - Stick with them until the contract is up in October...

So far, I'm going with 1.

I'm looking at a reliable provider with recommendations in these types of forums. And, FP can keep my file downloads and mirrored files. As long as they don't go out of business, then I might as well use what I paid for. But, at least I'll have my websites on a site that WON'T go down every hour or so...

im also having problems with them only their support . it was very good when i first used them but... after i renewed they suck.

they stopped the support and all this.
that's why i posted about 1uhost.com i need a new host for my

2 of my domains.

Yeah.. support went down

I really didn't have any problems with them until the 1st of this year when they switched over to their new system... Sure, support would take a few days to respond, but, I only contacted support two or three times in the 1.5 years.... Now, I need to contact them almost every day, and they take more than a week to respond with "it's working"

New here - first post.

The whole reason why I found this board and am posting now is Feature Price.

Last April, when I signed up with them, I thought it was going to be so great, but the downtime is the worst I've ever seen in five years of various hosting co's. Also, it's like they're owned by someone else now -- everything has changed, and not for the better.

They also have virtually no customer service any more. I have their Platinum package and I'm supposed to have 24/7 tech support and unlimited bandwidth; well, obviously to them, 15 gigs of bandwidth is "unlimited."

Screw them, I've found another hosting company that seems really good and I'm outta there ASAP.

Same goes for me.....

A friend signed up with them last March. Things seemed to be going okay so I signed up with them last October. I really liked their interface, and their customer service was pretty good.

Lately, though I've had a frequent problem of my sites loading slowly...I think this is due to Reverse DNS being on. They blew me off and said it was my ISP. Of course then I find out that the sluggish page/image loading wasn't localized and knew it HAD to be them.

Since I haven't really started to develop my sites and publicly announce them, I don't care too much, but come time to renew....I'm choosing a different company.

Their customer service is non-existent at this point.

Luckily I found this forum to assist my search...

-A

I'm also having the same problems, and in fact, I renewed with them just a couple of weeks ago to avoid needing to go through the crap of a server move. Their service was shocking, they limited my hourly bandwidth to 171,000,000 bits (that's only about 20 Megs) and they had a slow server...however they had good application functionality and an easy to use CP, so I decided to stick with them in the hope that it could get better. Since I've renewed though, it's got worse...MUCH worse, and now, I've found a much better host and I'm willing to go through the crap of moving servers just to get out of there.

So, I wanted to cancel my account, and I filled out their request form and sent them all the details they needed or wanted.

It's been nearly a week, and still no reply. So naturally, I want to know what the hell they are doing with my credit card details and find out why my account is still active.

I contact their sales department and ask them what's happening, they say I need to submit a helpdesk ticket.

I submit a helpdesk ticket, they tell me I need to contact billing.

I try to contact billing, and I'm supposedly transferred to billing, but instead I'm transferred to someone who obviously ISN'T in billing.

They STILL haven't cancelled my account, despite my helpdesk tickets and the numerous times I'm spoken to sales and tech support...all I get is "sorry that's a billing issue". Don't their departments actually TALK to each other? I'm beginning to wonder if this "billing" department actually exists.

I live in Australia, but if you can band together enough Americans to file a lawsuit against these arse monkeys I'll gladly join in. They need to learn that this isn't a way to run a company. I want these idiots to refund the money they owe us and to be sued until they are completely arse-raped.

I'm willing to assist the best I can.

White_Pointer

Last edited:
Back