• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox...you know you want it

IE 7 is actually pretty good. The only downside is that it's not open source.

Firefox works very nicely, and runs much faster on my computer. I do agree with craig because at times there is many problems with it. I currently switch back and forth from IE6-7 and Firefox.

FF is absolute horse *Mr. Johnson* compared to IE7. I used FF for about 3 days and determined even Opera is better. If I wanted a stupid Google search I would go to Google.com.

Also, IE7 tabbed browsing owns all over FF's now, even though they stole the idea. But hey, that's what Microsoft does best, and why they're on top.

too bad ie isn't a standalone browser and its integrated to the operating system so its an active security hole :rolleyes:

Honestly, I do think for a lot of users FireFox or Opera is a much better alternative to IE. IE really is a security mess for an uneducated user, which believe it or not, most computer users fall into that group.

Now I cannot speak to IE7, as I have not used it or installed it, but I can only hope they made improvements. Outside of not trusting IE6, i think really everything comes down to personal preference. I have been using Mozilla Suite/phoenix/firebird/firefox for approx. 5 or 6 years, so I don't feel like switching anytime soon, but thats just personal pref.

I used FF for about 3 days and determined even Opera is better. If I wanted a stupid Google search I would go to Google.com.
What? Opera has built-in Google search too. In fact, it's even more intrusive. I installed Opera 9, and anything I typed in the address bar it wanted to make into a Google search.

I like where Mozilla is going with Firefox 2.0. Built-in crash recovery, built-in spell checking, better handling of the search bar (most importantly the ability to REMOVE search engines) to name a few. Some people like the new Places, since I don't use bookmarks or any history besides the address bar, I don't really care. Firefox is still the one for me.

I use Firefox for checking my design compatibility, although it should always be anyway since I code according to W3C XHTML 1.1 standards.

IE7 rules.

IE 7 still sucks with standards compatability, and the lack of plugins and skins is horrid. W3C says my site is standards compliant, yet, in IE 7 it is morphed horribly, while it looks fine in Opera and Firefox.

Back