• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

First concert in about 10 years

AvailNetworks

Greetings
NLC
so the other day I went to my first concert in about 10 years with my future mrs. availnetworks and had a good old time. It was relatively small and uncrowded which was a nice change from the last one I went to (Metallica I think) There was about 5 or 6 bands and lasted a little over 5 hours so overall a great time. I've been listening to these guys for a few years and they are one of the few bands I can actually get into and produce a unique sound. If anyone has anymore good suggestions fire them my way!

have a look at the band http://myspace.com/theofficial69eyes

they are fairly universal and most people should enjoy them. cheers

thankfully I got a chance to see pantera back in the day of dime. Metallica put on a good show long ago but now I really would not want to see them. All the passion has gone from their music and now they just make music for other people and not themselves and it shows

I'm going to a Kevin Johansen concert tomorrow :)

Lucky you, I would've loved to see Metallica

Wow the last Metallica concert that i had the privilege of going to was Summer Sanutarium 2000, was my first and i mean first mosh experience..lol needless to say i got a hurt wrist in return but good fun..

thankfully I got a chance to see pantera back in the day of dime. Metallica put on a good show long ago but now I really would not want to see them. All the passion has gone from their music and now they just make music for other people and not themselves and it shows

Yep, Sg. Pepper was horrorble

Last thing i was on was some local band fairly popular in my country, punkrock , got home all bruised ...

"Lets go pogo !!!!!!"

Last edited:
The last concert I went to was this past week. On Wednesday I saw Only Crime, Comeback Kid, Silverstein, and Rise Against. I was never too into Metallica or Black Sabbath or anything along those lines ...

Before that I went with my girlfriend to see Christina Aguilera, Danity Kane, and the Pussycat Dolls in May. Then before that was a 14-hour Battle of the Bands that some of my friends were playing at downtown 2 years ago.

I don't really go to many concerts.

The last concert I went to was this past week. On Wednesday I saw Only Crime, Comeback Kid, Silverstein, and Rise Against. I was never too into Metallica or Black Sabbath or anything along those lines ...

ONLY CRIME, eh? They are my favorite "new-er" band. I have seen them in Denver three times, St. Louis twice, Lawrence, KS once. I live about 8 hours from Denver, and made special trips to see them everytime I've seen them :)

Band is very cool too, Doni the bassiest has always been very cool to me and they always sneak me in on the guest list. Zach from Rise Against is his brother, he used to play in Only Crime.

Sorry for the hijack, it just seems Ben and I tend to share the same tastes in a few threads now.

ONLY CRIME, eh? They are my favorite "new-er" band. I have seen them in Denver three times, St. Louis twice, Lawrence, KS once. I live about 8 hours from Denver, and made special trips to see them everytime I've seen them :)

Band is very cool too, Doni the bassiest has always been very cool to me and they always sneak me in on the guest list. Zach from Rise Against is his brother, he used to play in Only Crime.

Sorry for the hijack, it just seems Ben and I tend to share the same tastes in a few threads now.

That's pretty awesome. I thought something was up between them and Rise Against / CBK / Silverstein because all three called them back up to do songs with them.

Only Crime had their two CD's on sale for $5 (for both!). I should have picked it up but I forgot. Was too dehydrated and I didn't want to pay $3.50 for water at the Masq so I left in a hurry after the show.

I've only ever been to 3 concerts in my life, the first wasn't a "proper" concert, just a small local band in the park. The 2 most recent was the P!nk "I'm Not Dead" tour.. I went in May, and loved it so much that when she released another date, I bought tickets straight away. She put on such an awesome show; and it is fantastic to see a young female performer with a great voice & personality to match. Not only that, but she and her band put on a damn good show, and she was extremely down to earth & lovely. <333333

The last concert/s I went to was about a year ago. Those of you who live in the UK will probably have heard of the Glastonbury Festival. Its mental - this year Jay-z is headlining, should be cool. Your all in one massive field, and its a 3+ day festival. Any of you guys from the UK gonna be there ? :)

I'm seeing Clapton in Toronto later this month. AMC, I hear the UK noise police are insane and drive all the sound engineers mad just trying to keep minimal levels above the crowd! Assuming this was the same festival, it was situated close to a rather affluent area so it was more of an issue.

Last edited:
....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes -- or check this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/...edSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+

:cool2::beer::cool2:

You're going to be castrated for this. You know that, right?

Oh, and I saw Devil Wears Prada / Silverstein at one show about two months ago or something? And Streetlight Manifesto, Zox, and Dan Potthast about a month ago.

Back