• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

!First Read! (Cheapest Domains Listed) (Free Domains Listed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotsofissues

Note: Don't bother to ask for any cheaper options. This is it!

Cheap options:

IMPORTANT!: Often times we are asked which is better Godaddy and Namecheap (The two most used services here) If you ask for my opinion I like Namecheap because it excels in customer support. Often you will only have to wait a couple of hours rather then days with Godaddy for returns to your support emails.

www.godaddy.com $8.95 per year. Reported as reliable by other ppl on boards. Cost $20 bucks for a email account though with your domain. I think url fowarding costs more. (?) Users report a 3-4 day support response. Recently they've added free url forwarding.

www.namecheap.com Recommended often on this board. $8.88 per year. Comes with free url forwarding and email forwarding. Very good support. 1-12 hour response. I use this one.

https://www.reg2c.com/ After researching not a great serivce. It costs $7.45 for a domain. But you must buy 10 credits. 10 credits? 1 credit represents a 1 domain for a year. So 1 domain for 3 years would be 3 credits, and 2 domains for 2 years each would be 4 credits.

http://www.registerfly.com for $10 not only does it come with a domain, but a small (5MB) hosting account, pop3 mailbox and mail forwarding.

www.powerpipe.com $7.99 for a domain, but no free email. Although forwarding is free.

At the request of Haze a member here; this is his service.
http://www.click2reg.com
.com / .net / .org for $8.25 & .biz / .info for $9.49.

http://www.ev1servers.net $6.49

www.name.com Currently $8.99 and accepting Paypal.

***************.co.uk opitons******************

Written by Gordan:

www.123reg.co.uk £2.89 per year
Effectively no profit.

*******Free options, Used to be a lot more. (Don't even bother asking if there are others. We've seen them all. A lot of scams exist also.**********

www.dot.tk Get www.yourname.tk, if you take the absolutely free option it can only forward to an existing site of yours. For $10 you can actually own the domain you registered for free, and I think you can do more then just foward. Note: Popups can be disabled from your control panel.

You can also get a free subdomain from www.uni.cc
Similar services: www.eu.org

At the request of another member of the board:
http://nic.biz.ly You get you.biz.ly subdomains.
http://www.qn.com

www.namzero.com No longer registering free domains.
www.namedemo.com Also used to give free domains.

SCAM WARNING! Don't bother trying www.------------------

u forgot namedemo as one of the ones that used to, and that one that was a questionable scam, the .biz thing, fergotttttttttttttt

Wowee. Reg2C upped their prices.

Powerpipe offer forwarding, don't they? I swear they did. I have a few domains with them. :confused:

thanks lotsofissues. I changed goadaddy to godaddy. sticky post.

Originally posted by Pathetic
u forgot namedemo as one of the ones that used to, and that one that was a questionable scam, the .biz thing, fergotttttttttttttt

Namedemo wasn't a scam. I had a free domain their for around a year.

WTF, when did stargate raise their prices? I bought two domains with them last year at $8.00 each.. Now, when I look into my domain panel, it says renewal is $13.95 per year...

It used to be $10 for renewal, then it was dropped to $8.85.. now it's raised to $13.95!! I'm really getting pissed at them.

for anyone who wants to register at stargate's domainXpress, be aware that you only get the cheap price for the first year..

heeeyyy I did not know powerpipe decreased the price to 7.99$

that's a great news :)

I will transfer all of my domains to them.

also about reg2c. I'm sorry for you guys :D :D :D

Originally posted by Matt8

Namedemo wasn't a scam. I had a free domain their for around a year.

i never said it was, i said the one website like freedomain.biz or wutever wuz

Ah- I looked at some registers but all I wanted to give them was my nameservers and pay for the domain and leave. I emailed Tia Hosting and they said I needed hosting (I think they meant I need to get it from them, but I use Portland anyway.

I ended up using RegisterSite for US$20 and redirected. I them found out they are a reseller and bought it for US$10 :devious2:

Anyway... there you can redirect your domain to a free host like Brinkster and have email forwarding for more money! I don't see why not use the name servers from MyDomain and then you can point it at mydomain and get free email forwards, free web forward and free subdomains, plus you can change the MX records aswell...

anyway... basically I was skr*wed

POP/SMTP

I know some people have mention this, but i still couldn't get it !!

Is there any company that offer domain registration with :
- POP3 AND SMTP ??
- Cheap
- and have at least 2 sub-domains ??

i try to find it anywhere but none of them offer smtp unless i get their hosting packages !!!
i found a cheap hosting but no SMTP also :

http://www.gnxonline.com/
http://www.one2host.com

they're pretty cheap and reliable but no SMTP !!!

could somebody gimme some link !!

Thanks in advanced

Slumpack - if I were you I would do the following...

Either do 1) or 2)... the price for both is only US$7.99

1) Register a domain name at PowerPipe and direct the nameservers at MyDomain. They will give you the subdomains.

Then go to Portland and get the free POP3 mail (this is both POP3 and SMTP I believe). Use MyDomain to redirect any mail to the email address they give you (yourusername@mail.portland.co.uk) and then add all of that to something like Outlook Express. When it asks you for your whole email address, you put in (whatever@yourdomain.com) but use their POP3/SMTP server and username/password correctly.

2) Register a domain name at PowerPipe and redirect the nameservers to your free account at Portland. You do the same as above for the email and but you have to set up VISP1 with your account. With that you get unlimited subdomains with seperate hosting for each subdomain. Simple...

I hope I was a help - both ways cost US$7.99 (I think, it's PowerPipe's price anyway). Have a nice day:)

Thank You !!

I really appreciate every piece information that you guys gave me !!! Thank You again :p and yes i'll do the powerpipe :)

service quality is very good I guess.
I have tested their support by sending them a question and they respond to me within one hour. Also they have usefull answers so that is very positive I think. A friend of mine has registered over 12 domains with them and he has totally no complains, so I will using them also from now on. Till so far they have proven to give good support and provide good services for low price.

<<MOD NOTE:>>
Pretending you are a potential client speaks very poorly upon you and your company. Saying you have tested their support and and that you will be using them from now on is just unacceptable. Such attempted deception of the members will not be tolerated.
<</MOD NOTE>>

Last edited by a moderator:
I still wonder whois reseller they are

also it seems they are using perl instead of php. not professional.

I also don't know from who they are a reseller. But that doesn't bother me as long as they give good support and low prices.

And about the perl thing you mentioned. I agree with you. May be a little old fashioned. But as long as the site is fast and their services are good, why not.

Probably they are making a new version of their site by now and till then they use their old version, who knows. If they can make these things in perl with database backend for member with payment gateway they will probably also can make the same with php, don't you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back