• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FocusIN....are they any better?

ningaming

well I suddenly recieve an email from focusIN.com saying my account has been activated (actually I didn't even know I signed up for em) Now what I need to know is have they changed a lot? I know Supermoo hates them with a passion, a loathing if I quoted im correctly, but I am just wondering if anyone else had any experiences with them? I did a good ol search for em but the most recent topic is June, and a lot could happen in 3 months. So if they have changed, I would like to know

If u don't remember, I run a fairly small gaming site, almost 900 pages of content, but pretty poor hits

hmmm...

I've done a little more research and i was hearing "their looking better" but that thread of course worries me

Well, I suppose I'm still rather bias.

If you want to have a good look into them you can follow the threads branched off this thread and read all about this company.

Best of luck,

thanks....I'll keep that bookmarked

I might try em out for a while, just to see if they do get better, cuz I got nothing to loose at this point in time

will do supermoo :D

i know it pains you to see another person signing up for em

I've eard 40 cents so far...hmm not bad for 2 days of only having the banner on the index page....I never knew that clicking the monkey heads and watching them break off could be so excieting to my visitors LOL

darn,

Pop ups.....some of the banners have pop ups with them. HEH I will not allow pop ups to infiltrate my site. I decided no pop ups on any of my sites 2 years ago, and I am not ready to start giving that up now.....

Actually, you can get them to remove the popups asap by emailing them.

At the same time, with your 'poor' hits, you aint gonna get anything with FocusIN for a damn long time... expect a CPM of about 10 cents to 20 cents for a gaming site.

:(

ah emailing them......oooooooook

i've earned 40 cents....3 clicks on CPC banners already (dont ask me why people realllllllly like those EXPEDIA banners, but i grabbed some change from them)

Fingers crossed that they'll pull through for you ningaming.

As Supermoo reluctantly suggested above, FocusIN did look to be on the up-and-up earlier this year, and were providing decent results for small-medium sites, along with an adequate level of service. This was after Supermoo's unfortunate experience with the firm.

Sadly, though, the company's reputation is most certainly slipping again, in almost direct proportion to the declining rates offered to their member sites.

In short, they've certainly lost their appeal to all but the most desperate of sites, but given that they were reliable earlier this year, and remain a company with far smaller overheads than their sinking public competitors, it's not unreasonable to expect that things could turn positive in the near future. Just don't bank on them being there for you within the next few months.

Good luck.

heh, all my banners now say "account pending" how ironic............amazing.......well looks like its time to give up on this

amazing....looks like u guys were right

4000 banner displays, and only 1000 were counted....how can they do that?? ....its almost time to say goodbye to Focusin.com

Last edited:
heh, oh well. I dunno, its like geez, come on 4000 banner impressions and your only counting 1000. ?? That's just...........wrong

not to mention my cpm...keeps going lower.....and lower..........and lower......and lower......

Due to the prolonged downturn in the online advertising industry over the past year the focusIN Specialty Web Network was forced to take necessary steps, like delaying member payments, to ensure its survival. Recently however, Targetnet Inc., the parent company that owned focusIN, had its loan called in by its major creditor ZAQ Interactive Solutions Inc. (see www.zaq.com for more company information). Since it was unable to pay back that loan, Targetnet had many of its assets legally seized by ZAQ, including focusIN. While ZAQ did acquire Targetnet’s assets, it did not acquire its liabilities, which still reside with Targetnet, a company on the verge of closing. As a result, ZAQ legally has no obligation to pay off debt to any of focusIN’s members or suppliers, since these are creditors of Targetnet.

ZAQ, a Montreal-based public company, is involved in developing online relationship marketing solutions, and is listed on the Canadian CDNX stock exchange (symbol: ZAQ.M). ZAQ, who plans to pursue the business and grow focusIN in its current form, effectively has become focusIN’s new parent company. Going forward (as of September 1, 2001) publishers are paid 100% of revenue earned and all subsequent months as these payments are now the responsibility of our new parent company, ZAQ. We are back on our regular payment schedule mailing checks on the 10th of every month, 40 days after the month-end in which $50 of revenue is generated.

The online advertising industry has endured a difficult period over the past year, but it is now going through a consolidation process and we are excited about the emerging opportunity that lies ahead for surviving ad networks. At the same time we look forward to continue the working relationship between publishers, our greatest asset, and focusIN, and building the business to our mutual benefit in the near future.
Email i just recieved regarding this thread

i just signed up for focusin.com and got accepted... i got 58 cents so far lol!

my friend has focusin.com and had no problems at all thats why i signed up.

i also think people are too picky considering that advert market has been REALLY bad,,, its just picking up like that letter said, and you can tell!

Back