• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Font Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

7de5igns

My sister is having problems with fonts on her computer. She adds a font, and when she runs a program like photoshop or ms works it won't show the fonts she has added. I tried deleting some of her other fonts and it still don't work,. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Bruce
You don't install them... or at least I haven't ever... :confused2

thats what I thought, I have another computer and laptop which I just put the font in the fonts folder.

Originally posted by Bruce
You don't install them... or at least I haven't ever... :confused2

Sometimes you have too.

7de5igns, click on File and select Install Fonts and point the thing to the font directory and click install or ok.

Originally posted by Daniel

Sometimes you have too.

7de5igns, click on File and select Install Fonts and point the thing to the font directory and click install or ok.

where is this?

If you see them in the font folder, they ARE installed. :confused2

I usually paste mine in, I rarely use the install fonts method.

Originally posted by 7de5igns

where is this?

File...upper right-hand corner.

Originally posted by Jan
If you see them in the font folder, they ARE installed. :confused2

Yes but there are always exceptions. Just re-install them to be on the safe side. :rolleyes:

Maybe restarting your computer should be the first step to troubleshooting. :rolleyes:

Although I doubt it would work, but maybe the font list is cached in your memory and a reboot may help.

Just out of curiosity, how many fonts can she see? Sometimes if I am online and try to use the fonts in PSP all I see are the system fonts. Once I am offline and have closed some windows, all the fonts then show. I guess my computer hasn't got enough oomph to view them when I have too much running.

Originally posted by Daniel
I believe Bruce has 128mb...
I believe you are wrong, my friend...

and can you please stop using MG for MB. You make it look like it's 256 miligrams.
Well can you stop using mb for MB? You're making it sound like megabits instead of megabytes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back