• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Forum Hosting

sknepal

I need a host for a mybb forum I'm about to make. The domain has been already registered. I just need a host now. I know, I'm asking for a lot, but it would be nice if I could a host with following specs:
Bandwidth : 300 GB (Just to be safe...I don't think the bandwidth will go over 100 Gb..)
Space : 5 Gb
Autoinstaller : Softaculous

Just let me know what you can offer; whether onshore or offshore. The forum will be based on Movies.Regards,
Sk.

I need a host for a mybb forum I'm about to make. The domain has been already registered. I just need a host now. I know, I'm asking for a lot, but it would be nice if I could a host with following specs:
Bandwidth : 300 GB (Just to be safe...I don't think the bandwidth will go over 100 Gb..)
Space : 5 Gb
Autoinstaller : Softaculous

Just let me know what you can offer; whether onshore or offshore. The forum will be based on Movies.Regards,
Sk.

Are forums really that badly programmed that they burn 100 gigs a month? It's just text and eye candy, text used to be cheap.

I used to run a MyBB forum with over 1,500 users, around 500 active with over 3000 posts, and I never used more than 30GB a month.

Reconsider your request?

Not even started and asking for 5GB space & 300GB of transfer :tired2:
Based on movies or hosting illegal downloads of said movies? :tired2:

Discussions about movies, he/she said so in the third post.

@OP

But I still don't think you will need that much bandwidth or space for a forum you're just starting, I'd say around 1 GB space with 10 GB bandwidth to get you started ?

No matter how you promote your website/forum you won't get that many members hat will burn 100 GB bandwidth in the first few months, unless your template is 100% images and no code, which I doubt.

If you plan on running a decent size mybb forum for chatting & not posting pics or videos 3gb to 5gb space & 30gb to 50gb bandwith should be enough

Not even started and asking for 5GB space & 300GB of transfer :tired2:
Based on movies or hosting illegal downloads of said movies? :tired2:

Erm. I told there won't be anything illegal.

If you plan on running a decent size mybb forum for chatting & not posting pics or videos 3gb to 5gb space & 30gb to 50gb bandwith should be enough

Okay. Thanks for letting know. Erm. So, I guess 30 - 50 Gb bandwidth will be enough for me. I reconsider my request.

Last edited:
You are still asking to much, why not start low and upgrade as you need? Its pointless having more than you need and you will only attract unstable hosts offerin ridiculous amounts.

That said we can offer you the below plan

Free Plan 3

Disk Space - 5120 MB / 5 GB
Bandwith - 20 GB
cPanel Control Panel
Addon Domains - 5
Sub Domains - 5
Free Daily Back-Ups
Mail Accounts - 5
FTP Accounts - Unlimited
Softaculous Auto-Installer
24/7 Support

All for only - 25 monthly forum posts

http://crunch-host.com/forum

You are still asking to much, why not start low and upgrade as you need? Its pointless having more than you need and you will only attract unstable hosts offerin ridiculous amounts.

That said we can offer you the below plan

Free Plan 3

Disk Space - 5120 MB / 5 GB
Bandwith - 20 GB
cPanel Control Panel
Addon Domains - 5
Sub Domains - 5
Free Daily Back-Ups
Mail Accounts - 5
FTP Accounts - Unlimited
Softaculous Auto-Installer
24/7 Support

All for only - 25 monthly forum posts

Thanks for the offer. I'll wait for some time. Erm. If I do not get any more offers, I will start with your host after a week, I guess. Btw, what is your TOS? May I have a link? I need to find out whether the host is perfect for hosting a movie forum.

Hello there! ^^. Are you comfortable with cPanel?

I am seeking to expand my hosting portfolio at Ashkir [dot] com. I usually host non-profits outside of my own websites. But I've been known to host artists, bloggers, and students.

I can offer you requirements not as high as yours, for no forum posting. I have no forums on my server actually. Nobody's made one yet oddly. o_o.

We have several preinstall scripts through Softaculous (more up to date then Fantasico). Awstats is fully enabled with PHP 5.2.14 (Don't host a forum on a PHP 5.3 as PHP 5.3 breaks things :( ).

I don't charge anything and how space/bandwidth is usually done is via packages. You start off at the small one. As soon as your space/bandwidth reaches the limit, you get upgraded within 12 hours. You will never experience a locked account due to this. Growth should always be foreseen. If your forum grows out of my control, you will be notified to find a new host (if it gets busy enough to require me to have to drop you).

I currently have a user that has gotten 150,000 visitors this month and used less then 10 gigabytes of bandwidth still. :).

If your forum will be completely legal, please consider. :). I have a strong online record. :).

Read here for more information: ashkir.com/hosting/

Hello there! ^^. Are you comfortable with cPanel?

I am seeking to expand my hosting portfolio at Ashkir [dot] com. I usually host non-profits outside of my own websites. But I've been known to host artists, bloggers, and students.

I can offer you requirements not as high as yours, for no forum posting. I have no forums on my server actually. Nobody's made one yet oddly. o_o.

We have several preinstall scripts through Softaculous (more up to date then Fantasico). Awstats is fully enabled with PHP 5.2.14 (Don't host a forum on a PHP 5.3 as PHP 5.3 breaks things :( ).

I don't charge anything and how space/bandwidth is usually done is via packages. You start off at the small one. As soon as your space/bandwidth reaches the limit, you get upgraded within 12 hours. You will never experience a locked account due to this. Growth should always be foreseen. If your forum grows out of my control, you will be notified to find a new host (if it gets busy enough to require me to have to drop you).

I currently have a user that has gotten 150,000 visitors this month and used less then 10 gigabytes of bandwidth still. :).

If your forum will be completely legal, please consider. :). I have a strong online record. :).

Read here for more information: ashkir.com/hosting/

Erm. May I ask some few questions?
Whats your uptime? Since when have you been hosting sites? How much bandwidth and space do you offer?

Back