• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Forumer.com NOW has Ads!

CraDanKa!

It was last year I signed up with forumer to get my site off the ground and well, now things have really changed.

I am just warning members about Forumer's claim to have free bannerless forums. They never had bannerless forums, and now they wish to place more banners that seem BIGGER than GoogleAds.

Not only do they provide a shocking hosting service (which many members including myself reported that forums are being hacked by a member called "Limez"), they wish for you to pay for the ad removal, but won't give you the database let alone sell it to you!

They seem to want us to pay for a dodgey service to remove the ads. I know that currently, the phpBB forums they host don't have ads (yet), but if they wish for you to pay, how about paying for some very cheap hosting.

There are plenty of webhosts around who will host a site for a year for under $50US (look on eBay if you need proof).

It seems to me that forumer grew and shaped itself for providing a Bannerless (which wasn't true, there was a banner ad down the bottom of the forums advertising "Free Bannerless Forums"). And now with Forumer's ads, how can they possibly claim to be the best service now?

CraDanKa!

That why i never,ever used free BB hosts...
1)Full of limits
2)Cant do everything you want
3)Crap...
Want more?
Especially forummer...

Forumer has gone so much they can't handle all their 6 servers at once

only their 6th server has no ads 1-5 do,when they started phpBB i don't know but they'll never ad anything to them till late in the year

i have quit the free forum thing and i'm currently makin a board at another source forumer has gotten weaker and weak for the last year so i think everyone should stay clear of Forumer

lol. I think it's funny that they were dissing IF for having banner ads now they are adding them. Stupid.

See, that's why when mostly all IPB or phpBB forums contain ads, it's always good to go with the best.

As you can see, Forumer.com now has advertisements. Now what is stopping someone from beating Forumer.com? Nothing. It doesn't have an "edge" over its competitors. What it does have is a few skins for their boards, nothing else. They keep launching new "features" in order to try and keep their business up. However, these "features" have nothing to do with hosting free communities.

Honestly, I'm surprised people could even say anything good about their servers (that's why nobody does). Constant errors make Forumer.com a bad choice for most. I'm sure that I will get swallowed by their staff members, but that's the only ones that can back their service up.

Forumer.com really could improve their service by changing some things. Their obviously going to need to add modifications to BOTH their IPB and phpBB forums in order to gain the lost members. InvisionFree has a bunch of talented administrators and staff members. With nearly 5,000 members Forumer.com has what...ONE admin. Come on guys. You really need to ditch your hosting company, because their servers are faulty. That's your current number #1 problem. Plus, you don't listen to users when they provide comments. You shove them off. How do you expect a place like that to grow?

I'm sure the user "forumhoster" will be rushing in here to provide comments, but what can you talk about now? "Forumer.com...umm...we're like the rest." Your entire campaign was based upon that you were ad free. Now you're not. Even though you have added phpBB, you haven't given back IPB. People want IPB, not phpBB. It's barely customizable. Some time ago, you ran a poll asking users if they would want to see phpBB forums for free. They meant in addition to IPB, not replacing it.

Improvements to your forums or servers, there are none. Modifications to your forums, there are none. Informing users of maintenance, you don't inform them.

If you're going to create a company, you've got to run it like you know how to. By looking at Forumer.com, I don't think that it is run correctly. I've visited Forumer.com Support Forums, and I've seen the admin use language to another member. You know, it's not about establishing a service. Anyone can do that with a few bucks in their pocket. Run the service correctly, add what the users want, listen to them.

If Forumer.com was a great service, you would know. Users would inform you. They would actually post here to let you know how well you’re doing. Instead, the staff is thrown in here to provide backup to their service.

There is something with a business called a Downward Spiral. You're in it. You've not let us have IPB, you have added advertisements, and you don't do anything new or original.

I can understand you needing some money to run your service. Again, you have to run it properly though. I don't see why you still stay with the same server company when all they do is cause problems. However, you still see FORUMER.COM FREE BANNER-LESS FORUM HOSTING everywhere. Update your advertisements. Tell the truth, don't run from it. You aren't ad free any longer.

It's best to change now Forumer.com, or your service is going to get blown by from the mega forum hosters of the internet.

Last edited:
Hi dantak,

I'm torn over this issue. On one hand I am still the same person that hated ads so much 5 years ago that he started his own free webhosting service but, on the other hand I'm realistic now about profit margins.

Servers cost a good bit to rent. Anywhere from USD$200-400 each if you are going to have a fast server with a decent amount of bandwidth. Taking that into account if they have 6 servers, that is anywhere from USD$600 per month to USD$2400 a month in server charges.

Placing Google Adsense banners on forums doesn't sound like a bad trade for a free forum. They are very fast loading and don't really cause all that bad of a distraction. ;)

Now I've made a few assumptions here that I'd like to clarify:

1) That the forumer service uses quality servers and bandwidth.

2) That the forumer service is fast and is worth the banner advertisements.

3) That they are taking the bannerless advertisements down. Otherwise this is false advertisement and is illegal in the United States.

I can understand where you are coming from. I'm sure Forumer.com uses lots of bandwith too. However, when you register a forum you are trusting them as a reliable host. Let's say you had a forum of 400 members. Constant server errors are a minus, plus that forum will in turn loose members. Reliability is poor.

C'mon it's free, if you want to demand real quality & stability get a paid host..

p.s my server is reliable :biggrin2:

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with hosting with banners but you shouldn't promote something thats non-existant (execuse me, I am just speaking from the facts I read).. And also you cannot expect much for free. Knowing the fact that forumer.com is free, you can have no complains as its neither a company nor a business. What can we call it! A public service maybe?

People should learn that they shouldn't complain if a service is FREE. If you don't like the free service you've, just buy paid hosting to get better hosting. It's not really good to say bad about Free hosts because it's free for all and they get nothing inturn!

Anyways!, you cannot understand the facts I stated unless you're a host yourself.

I've hosted over 700 major websites before. Does that qualify? Let's see...InvisionFree is FREE...and they have better servers.

It's not really good to say bad about Free hosts because it's free for all and they get nothing inturn!
Nothing in return? So the $2,000 in Google revenue is nothing in return? Forumer.com is a company, trademarked and registered. If they earn revenue, it's considered a business. A "public service", as you call it, would be operating under an LLC with no income at all. Thus, it would be a Non-Profit Orginization. Forumer.com is not that.

MarkK- It looks like that you have posted here only to endorse yourself, not provide feedback like Mike_R.

Unless you get some quality sites, you don't earn $2k. Most of the money you get goes in covering the servers costs. Anyways, I hadn't any idea if the forumer.com was a registered business.

If you are not happy with the service offered, start looking out for a new one. Bitching around about is quite time-consuming.

dantak can be igonored

dantak/CraDanKa! is a bitter competitor, or a friend of one. His purpose is to bad-mouth Forumer, but his troll-like behavior is too transparent. New usernames with 8 posts. lol.

Their posts are a bunch of lies. :shame:

Forumer.com is one of the largest forum hosting services. Our 10 servers are reliable and have performed rock solid for quite some time now. Obviously running 10 dedicated servers is extremely hard, even with google ads (unfortunately ad revenue is not what it is made out to be).

The reason Forumer is so large is because since 2003 we have been providing banner-less forum hosting. (no other forum host has done this)

It has only been a few days that we have introduced ads on ONLY the IPB forums, purpose being the very high server and developemtn expenses.

Currently Forumer offers Free phpBB Forum hosting (some examples: express.x.am, sincere.forumer.com (phpBB2 hosting comes with 30 skins (demo here)

Forumer also offers Free Blog Hosting (example)

Forumer is going to re-open IPB hosting sometime next week, so you should keep your eye on the announcements if you are waiting to setup our IPB forum.

Forumer has recently merged with following companies:
ForumHoster.com
bbFreedom.com
IBforFree.com

I think it is a shame that there are trolls who come to these forums to spread lies in spite of all the hard work that has been done at Forumer for over a year now.

We do not need to prove anything to anyone. Every person needs to evaluate all their options before signing up with any hosting company. I personally believe we provide an excellent and easy solution for a person who doesn't have extra cash and doesn't have expert level knowledge of forum software.

However, we are thankful for the thousands that give us their honest positive feedback on a daily basis,

- Limez
Forumer.com

Last edited:
dantak said:
MarkK- It looks like that you have posted here only to endorse yourself, not provide feedback like Mike_R.

Noop, I just didn't want to spent more of my time on you

I used to use forumer but i was getting sorta bored with my forum so i don't use it anymore.

But i thought forumer was good :)

Back