• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ForumZero - Instant Free phpBB Forums - Over 100 Hosted!

dside443

http://www.forumzero.com/

Proudly hosting over 100 phpBB forums and currently in beta. Thanks to everyone for their support in the development and use of ForumZero. We're constantly working on bringing you new features.

ForumZero phpBB forums are hosted on premium webservers (Dual Xeon 2.8GHz with Hyperthreading, 2048MB ECC Registered DDR RAM, 3x73GB SCSI Hard Drives with RAID) for ultimate reliability and performance.

ForumZero is a division of VH Technologies, LLC.

Hey man, I'm unable 2 register, it just does not display anything after, clicking on d Register button.

Well, if you can't register on the forums... then you can't register at all. You may want to check php.ini configurations to see if sendmail is working properly, as this usually is the case; if you cannot access your php.ini, then your service is better off not hosting anyone.

We process several registrations each day so it is unlikely there is a configuration problem (otherwise nobody would be able to register). Of course, we do have root access on all of our servers.

dside443 said:
We process several registrations each day so it is unlikely there is a configuration problem (otherwise nobody would be able to register). Of course, we do have root access on all of our servers.
That makes no sense whatsoever. If you're hosting people, wouldn't it be ideal for you people to have access to the configuration files for your server?

DarkBlood said:
That makes no sense whatsoever. If you're hosting people, wouldn't it be ideal for you people to have access to the configuration files for your server?

We do have access to the configuration files for the servers. As I just said in my last post, we have root access on all of the servers.

dside443 said:
We do have access to the configuration files for the servers. As I just said in my last post, we have root access on all of the servers.

I see, but sendmail configuration is part of the ROOT settings; this is where your problem lies, as I tried to register, but I did not get a confirmation e-mail or anything as such.

DarkBlood said:
I see, but sendmail configuration is part of the ROOT settings; this is where your problem lies, as I tried to register, but I did not get a confirmation e-mail or anything as such.
Perhaps we're miscommunicating, but as I've said in the previous post and the post before that, we manage all of our servers ourselves and we do have root access and can control the "ROOT settings".

If there is a mail problem, it is likely on your side so please check if you are dropping any mail whether via spam filter or RBL. We process many successful registrations each day, so it is very unlikely that our mailer has a configuration problem. If such a problem existed, no user would be able to register.

dside443 said:
Perhaps we're miscommunicating, but as I've said in the previous post and the post before that, we manage all of our servers ourselves and we do have root access and can control the "ROOT settings".

If there is a mail problem, it is likely on your side so please check if you are dropping any mail whether via spam filter or RBL. We process many successful registrations each day, so it is very unlikely that our mailer has a configuration problem. If such a problem existed, no user would be able to register.

My filters don't filter anything as such; since I am the one who puts them in. But I am curious at what RBL stands for.

RBL is Realtime Blackhole List which is a list of IP addresses and blocks which are noted for spam or irresponsible Internet behavior. Some web hosts and ISPs use such lists to weed out a majority of known spamming IPs. Not all RBLs are accurate and some block more than they should.

dside443 said:
RBL is Realtime Blackhole List which is a list of IP addresses and blocks which are noted for spam or irresponsible Internet behavior. Some web hosts and ISPs use such lists to weed out a majority of known spamming IPs. Not all RBLs are accurate and some block more than they should.

o_O didn't know that. I use my university server for ISP; but my e-mail so happens to be yahoo.com (Free)

dside443 said:
Did you check the bulk mail folder, if that exists, for the message from ForumZero?

Sometimes I don't, but when I've just registered for hosting such as yours; I usualy check it so I can filter it out from the rest. However, I just looked through my e-mails (Confirm Mail Folder, and Inbox) and none of my bulk overlooking came through. So I'll basically disregard that I've ever signed up... sorry for the confusion.

Back