• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE 350mb/4.5gb

Omni

I am looking for 10 more people (ANY 10) to give free hosting containing the following features:

- 60mb
- 1.5 GB bandwidth
- Plesk CP
- 1 Domain support - you provide your own
- 15 FTP accounts
- 15 POP3/Webmail accounts
- 5 mailing lists
- unlimited email redirects
- unlimited email autoresponders
- 1 MySQL databases
- Password Protected Directories
- Graphical Site Statistics
- Custom Error Pages
- SMTP Mail Server
- Streaming Real Audio / Video Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Full CGI Support
- PHP 4.1.2
- phpMyAdmin 2.2.5
- Server Side Includes (SSI)
- Apache::ASP
- Frontpage 2002 Extensions
- 99.7% Uptime Guarantee
- NO BANNERS, only requirement is a small link

Drawback is this will be a no support hosting. Anyone is welcomed to join. The catch? You are required to write ONE tutorial per month containing at least 10 pages every month, using a lot of text, but little graphic (five at most in total, unless it is justifiable). These tutorials MUST be related to creating websites - evidence of at least a little research is a must.

No template necessary, just pure text and a few graphic here and there (ie, no need for header etc). Think of it more like a document than a web page. File size of each pages can go only up to 20kb (including the graphics). KEEPING IT SIMPLE is important! You must also have your own domain name.

Beginners/Intermediates/Experts are all welcomed - in fact, you are encouraged to write as you learn! Best content writer will be rewarded with more features **.

The content must be original - ie in your own words and not taken off another website or any other source. In short, make sure it is LEGAL. If you have existing tutorials let me have a look at them. Each page of the tutorial has to be AT LEAST 5kb in size and at most 10kb in size of PURE TEXT. Graphics must be optimized and the TOTAL page size has to be less than 15kb in size.

PM me for more information. First 10 to PM me will be given the priority for the free host, and the tutorial "topic" he/she will write on. Existing knowledge is good, but not necessary. Being able to write concisely and professionally is more important - hint I'll expect a certain degree of professionalism in the PM (DO THE SPELLCHECKS!).

- 350mb
- 4.5 GB bandwidth
- Plesk CP
- 2 Domain support - you provide your own
- 20 FTP accounts
- 20 POP3/Webmail accounts
- 10 mailing lists
- unlimited email redirects
- unlimited email autoresponders
- 2 MySQL databases
- Password Protected Directories
- Graphical Site Statistics
- Custom Error Pages
- SMTP Mail Server
- Streaming Real Audio / Video Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Full CGI Support
- PHP 4.1.2
- phpMyAdmin 2.2.5
- Server Side Includes (SSI)
- Apache::ASP
- Frontpage 2002 Extensions
- 99.7% Uptime Guarantee
- NO BANNERS, only requirement is a small link

for the following month that he/she wins

Wow, nice hosting :eek:
But I've never wrote a tutorial. And I don't have the time for it.
The guys who win this hosting must be so lucky:)

whats the URL to your website ?

this is suspect ( as I've seen ithppen before )

or are you someone that just is trying to trick people into writing a tutorial for your class report ?

I think what you're doing is great, at least it isn't vulnerable to abuse. Yes...whoever gets this will be so lucky, look how much you get for free. He/She isn't exactly asking for much in return for this hosting.

I just wish I could write some tutorials to help you out ;) but as I'm on paid... :p

[NeO], thanks for your comments

ibfw, the site is not up yet, the tutorials are suppose to contribute to the content part it. Suspicious could be true, let me know what I can do on my end to clear up the fog. No I am not tricking people into writing my class report.

KBC, thanks for your comment. As said before this will hopefully mutually benefit the tutorial writers and myself. Tutorial writers will probably benefit most if they are interested in expanding their knowledge :)

thirdstarr sorry you need a domain name - so far applicants who applied have it. However, if enough people requires it - ie other applicants - I could potentially register one to provide subdomains for everyone's benefit.

Last edited:
does the tutorial contain anything as long as its related to creating websites? like HTML, XML, ASP, PERL, PHP, FLASH, PHOTOSHOP, and so on.. anything you like, or does it have to be specific?

Remember that hosting with those specifications costs maybe $3 a month. You can sell a good tutorial to a webmaster site for much more than that. It has to be 10+ pages, so essentially you are being paid 30 cents a page.

At that rate you'd be better off getting a job at minimum wage, working for an hour, and paying your hosting for the month off that :).

Originally posted by Muttle.com
Remember that hosting with those specifications costs maybe $3 a month. You can sell a good tutorial to a webmaster site for much more than that. It has to be 10+ pages, so essentially you are being paid 30 cents a page.

At that rate you'd be better off getting a job at minimum wage, working for an hour, and paying your hosting for the month off that :).

ROTFLMAO

but you can write a tutorial from the comfort of your home :D

ps: he didnt say how big the pages were

Yes, you can do it from the comfort of your own home, but it's reminiscent of those pay to do stuff sites that make you jump through hoops, sign up for all kinds of advertising, give out tons of personal details, and click on all kinds of advertising for $2 which they will never see because they need $48 more and it just took them 6 hours for the easiest task.

Originally posted by kabatak
does the tutorial contain anything as long as its related to creating websites? like HTML, XML, ASP, PERL, PHP, FLASH, PHOTOSHOP, and so on.. anything you like, or does it have to be specific?
Thanks for asking kabatak. There are two set of requirements I could think of for the moment. (a) it must be related to creating websites, and (b) that the topic is not way too specialized. What you mentioned is fine with exception of Photoshop. The intended audience are beginners with a low budget, hence in general, certain software may not fit into the category.

Muttle.com what you said is true. This is however suppose to be more a hobby than anything else for the content writers. If it is anything else, then chances are that this may not be for you.

Yes, you can do it from the comfort of your own home, but it's reminiscent of those pay to do stuff sites that make you jump through hoops, sign up for all kinds of advertising, give out tons of personal details, and click on all kinds of advertising for $2 which they will never see because they need $48 more and it just took them 6 hours for the easiest task.
While I believe you are not directing this at me, I would like to clarify that none of the above are true. No personal details are needed, not even your name if you do not want to. The only thing I need to know are the type of site you want hosted and the topic(s) you are interested in. It has nothing to do with clicking on banners etc either, just the tutorials and provided your site is legal I will host it.

Originally posted by EpidemiK
ps: he didnt say how big the pages were
The pages has to be at least 5kb in size counting content and content only - i.e. I expect next to no html codes in the tutorials. Think of it more like a document than a website.

Omni: Sorry, I wasn't directing that $2 comment at you, it was directed more towards Netflip and all the spam people on it sent me with their referral codes in it. Worst thing was that it was my friends who were doing it, thinking I'd be happy to join them in making "easy money".

And no, I don't think this offer is for me, I was just commenting on how cheap webhosting is compared to what some people would do for it without paying actual money. It was kind of symbolic, and you just happened to be the one to make the topic :).

Muttle.com,

Not a problem. Agree with you regarding Netflip and the others as well. To anyone potentially interested, if it is not a hobby or something along that line, then it probably is not for you. If it is, then please feel free to PM me.

I'm making a PHP Tutorial.

The tutorial is planned to be 10 capitules long, i'm developing the first one with 27 lessons, the next caps will be like so.

The tutorial it's in spanish...does that matter? because i cannot write one in english, i don't speak it very well and, as you can see, neither i write it well...

I'll wait your answer. Thx

StarMar.net a PM was sent to you. Personally I think it would be a great idea to add Spanish tutorials to the list. However, as the site is just starting out, I would prefer it if with begin with English first.

Last edited:
Mmm

It's so wonderfull if I can win the hosting. But I am too lazy to make paper :p~ And I still enjoy with my hosting. :D

feerr please send me a PM with the topic(s) you would like to write a tutorial on. Your own experiences with anything related to web design would also be helpful.

Back