• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting for directory

AboutWeb

I need a hosting for a directory, phpld or other. As i learned from sander k, this script will send many e-mails if will have good traffic. I hope this is not a problem with you. Can put a link to hoster. Website is not ready, I want to test things out, but I warn you from the begining that if will be succesful will send lots of e-mails and I don't want bad surprises to get my account suspended for that.

If they are legitimate, most of the hosts will allow you to do that. But I am not sure if a free host would that.
Sending of hundreds of EMails make the server loads bad. And many of the free hosts have settled a EMail sending limit. Therefore, they wouldn't like to lift that limit for a one customer which may cause to a terrible situation if someone else uses that to send SPAM.

eSupun, I know what you're saying, but I don't think a new website will send so many e-mails per day. Anyway, there is no free host that can manage this ?

I am willing to setup an account for you on my server, just place a link to my directory somewhere.

If could get an estimate of your needs, I'd be willing to offer you something.
But, our hourly limit is set to 200 emails per hour. This is a lot, but may not be enough for some, only to help reduce spam.

Our free plans start at 128Mb disk space and 3Gb bandwidth.

I got a host from Rekracing, if the directory thing becomes succesful I'll make a new site. If he won't be able to host me anymore, I'll post here or start a new thread. Thanks all.

@AboutWeb
good luck for your website.
make sure you do your backup often just in case anything happen.
:)

I am about to move to other host because the hoster didn't reply to my questions. In order for my directory to work, I need mb_string support enabled on PHP. Also got this error "Keywords shorter than 1 characters are ignored because of MySQL server settings" and need a hoster who can change those settings.

Yes, he has a good offer but 3 GB of bandwith is kinda small...all of my webhosts had at least 10-30, 100 GB's of bandwith. At least 5 GB would be fair.

Yes, he has a good offer but 3 GB of bandwith is kinda small...all of my webhosts had at least 10-30, 100 GB's of bandwith. At least 5 GB would be fair.

Then ask him for 5 GB. He's a reasonable dude. I am sure if you can demonstrate the need, he would consider it.

Ok, was a misunderstanding here...my e-mail messages went to the hoster spam folder, 'coz of his Spam assasin (I never use this crap) LoL! He recompiled PHP with the function I needed.

Why would I need to bump up my plans to that? I'm a a registered company, not a kiddy host. I have been around 3 years. Where are you old hosts now?

A standard website, starting out, uses less than 100Mb disk space and less than 3Gb bandwidth per month. The point of my free plans is to offer the chance to people to start their own sites and grow them a bit. Then, if the need arises for them to grow past the limits of the package, they can always buy a paid plan.

I am not here to offer so-called "unlimited" or offer a large amount of resources for nothing in return. Nothing in this world is free, my servers certainly aren't. I hope this doesn't seem rude to you. Just wanted to enlighten you on the real-world of businesses, not kiddie hosts.

As TSO said, I am reasonable, I would easily be able to accommodate your needs. TSO knows nothing is free, he pays for his servers and hosting and offers it for free because he is nice and he can afford it.

Actually, TSO is not paying for youhosting.com reseller plan, which is free. There are many free webhosts that offer more than 5 GB of bandwith, and I don't have to pay for what I can get free elsewhere. If I had a website that is a money making machine, then I would get a paid hosting. But since it's not this way, I am using free hosting, and they are not kiddy hosts, as you said. They still exists, just I found something better, and I have more than just 1 website. I am testing different niches to find which brings me more traffic (not money yet).

Actually, TSO is not paying for youhosting.com reseller plan, which is free. There are many free webhosts that offer more than 5 GB of bandwith, and I don't have to pay for what I can get free elsewhere. If I had a website that is a money making machine, then I would get a paid hosting. But since it's not this way, I am using free hosting, and they are not kiddy hosts, as you said. They still exists, just I found something better, and I have more than just 1 website. I am testing different niches to find which brings me more traffic (not money yet).

Actually, I work for Youhosting.com and nuzoka.com is our test brand. Pretty sure I've told you that at least once. ;)

A directory doesn't use much bandwidth.
I have told you my traffic stats on some other forum and I only have about 200mb of bandwidth.

The website isn't even 2mb!

Back