• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting needed

Robzom

After having my site hosted for the past 3-4 months it appears that the hosting company has disappeared without a trace. I had no downtime with the company and my site loaded fairly quickly. I'm really disappointed because i had no problems with them what- so-ever. Now I am back in the market again

800mb-1GB storage
More bandwidth..10 GB (can't remember how much my site actually used( i know it wasn't nearly this much but I want to make sure I have enough)
.htaccess
Cpanel/preferred as it is the only thing that I have ever used
phpini limit fairly large. maybe 13mb or so
no file size limits( I was fortunate enough to make at least one backup of my site before the hosting co. disappeared. so I will transfer it through the zipped file.

My site is a joomla Fan site / fan club site
members will be able to upload photos and add videos to the site (mostly youtube linking) no actual or very minimal direct uploading of videos(these will be mainly home personal videos)

no post to host
no ads/linkbacks

thanks

Last edited:
It's possible that the host disappeared because they had no source of income. By not putting ads on your site or participating in post2host, they would not have any way to pay the operating costs involved. So yes they may have been perfect service while they lasted, but without a source of income I'm not suprised it ended up that way.

Would virtualmin be an acceptable substitute for CPanel? It is designed for similar purposes and includes a lot of features, it is more stable and secure.

I can meet your requirements other than the cpanel and the no ads, and will post an actual offer if you are flexible about that requirements.

I understand not wanting ads but for free hosts it's the only way to stay in business for any length of time.

Last edited:
I fully agree with seraphim .
You don't intend on giving anything back to your host .

My friend , nothing is free in life . When you get something free , someone else pays for it , in this case it's your host , and you must be grateful for that .
You're no relative of any host here . So there's no reason why he wont expect something back for what he is paying .

If you don't appreciate that you're not paying for the hosting from your pockets , then I don't find you deserving of hosting .
Just my 2 cents...

How skilled are you in technology? We might be able to work out a deal where you can make banners or write tutorials for our community. How does that sound?

I understand your concerns with obtrusive annoying advertising, but what about effective, helpful advertising which you can set up through AdSense? This just basically sits there giving a few helpful websites which will have probably more videos or something similar your visitors can see.

I'm just thinking for when your website is growing.

I fully agree with seraphim .
You don't intend on giving anything back to your host .

My friend , nothing is free in life . When you get something free , someone else pays for it , in this case it's your host , and you must be grateful for that .
You're no relative of any host here . So there's no reason why he wont expect something back for what he is paying .

If you don't appreciate that you're not paying for the hosting from your pockets , then I don't find you deserving of hosting .
Just my 2 cents...

Excuse me but no one asked for your 2 cents. I asked for hosting offers and if you don't have a potential offer that meets my request then you should not have bothered to post in this thread.(just my 2 cents)

If you don't need ads on your pages, try number of good post to host services here.

Thanks, How exactly does that work? Do you make a certain number of forum posts to get the intital hosting and then so many monthly.weekly post in order to keep it? What happens if you cannot meet the monthly posting requirement? Do you make posts about anything? Posting helps cover hosting cost how?

Hello,

As other members said, nothing in this world is free. You should either choose a host with Ads or choose Post2Host. I'm offering great post2host services at www.ultragb.com

Thanks, How exactly does that work? Do you make a certain number of forum posts to get the intital hosting and then so many monthly.weekly post in order to keep it? What happens if you cannot meet the monthly posting requirement? Do you make posts about anything? Posting helps cover hosting cost how?

If you cannot contribute anything, why should others(hoster)?

Make an initial number of forum posts (normally the number is according to the hosting plan), and then some posts monthly. If you do not, your account gets suspended.

I can offer this:
1 GB disk
10 GB Transfer
cPanel
The rest unlimited

All you need to do is place a link in the footer of your site. I know you did not want this, but a linkback is not that big of a deal. As long as it is visible, it's ok. You can out it in the footer if you want to.
You can sign up at http://my-webhost.info

Last edited:
Back