• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free ipb 2.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
the trial version is also very unstable, and so is 1.3.
Do IPS a favour, mow some lawns and buy a liscence. =)

2.0.0 trial was a free trial a la 1.3.1. (2.0.0 final and below)
Higher IPB trials were time limited and ionCubed.

SMF, the best free
IPB, the best nulled, lol :p

The only thing you can do, search for free ipb 1.3.1 hosters, there are a lot through google u_u

IPB 1.3 isn't the best free.
Its unstable, many bugs, many security holes. And the software itself is terrible. Going with an older version of a software is really not good, there will be NO support, no upgrades for security... And like hosting-shack said, it's illegal to download now.

I have to disagree , for me it is a close call

the new vB is a VERY good piece of software, but im an admin on a forum that runs IPB 2.2 (latest) and it is AMAZING, i have to say i think it beats vB .... for the moment at least, if you have a copy already (only way to make it legal) i believe 1.3.1 is a lot more stable than 1.3, and while there is no official support for 1.3, if you go to invisionize.com there are a lot of good updates tuts and patches there.

I've demoed the latest vbulletin and ipb.

Shortly after, I went, "wtf, where is all the stuff?", because phpbb3 has infinitely more features.

Makes me wonder what the hell those devs do with the insane amounts of money they charge for the licenses....

phpBB3 is still in development.

What do you mean more features?
On a release-to-release comparison, look at phpBB2's Admin panel and then look at vB or IPB's ACP. phpBB has about 2 and a half features, and opportunities for customization, while vB and IPB have lots more.

Oh, and skinning phpBB is a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back