• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free or paid hosting?

codeX said:
Now i prefer free hosting as i'm unable to pay for hosting via a creditcard..

As soon as i get a creditcard i'll go for paid hosting....

btw. Every free hosting guys atlast endup with paid hosting after jumping throgh a lot of 'free hosts', just like me...

Mate, you don't really need a credit card to do stuff. For instance I don't have a credit card and I'm running two small hosting companies.

sepi said:
Mate, you don't really need a credit card to do stuff. For instance I don't have a credit card and I'm running two small hosting companies.

Why would you need 2 small hosting companies? Why not 1 medium sized hosting company?

peace_hope said:
Why would you need 2 small hosting companies? Why not 1 medium sized hosting company?

Because some companies like to branch out :) , 2 websites makes your chances of becoming bigger than just having one site. Goodluck sepi :classic2: .

Regards to free to paid, I would go for paid, it isnt all about features or bandwidth, its about uptime, support etc etc & most free host dont offer great support just for free accounts (as utcrazy said), also they can suspended, delete you at anytime even without braking the rules. Just my $0.02

djbungle said:
So true! but also i would`nt get paid hosting from anyone on this site. "thats a lie, a got a server from liquidweb":)

Out of interest why wouldn't you purchase from anyone at FWS? I know I would be very skeptic about buying from lots of people who post here but there are some good hosts. ie. those with more than 500 posts typically seem to be around for the long term and seem to have happy customers. :)

TJR Networks said:
Out of interest why wouldn't you purchase from anyone at FWS? I know I would be very skeptic about buying from lots of people who post here but there are some good hosts. ie. those with more than 500 posts typically seem to be around for the long term and seem to have happy customers. :)

Note he said that to point toward himself as being one of the better ones

Look at his post count, it is between 500-600 as of this post, and he said it to make himself look like he is a great company. LOL I just think it is a weird coincidence

Yes, I do think that we are one of the better hosts here, but that is not what my post was about. If some people are not comfortable buying from hosts posting at FWS it is important to establish why this is. The post count I gave was a random suggestion. Sure there could be good hosts with 100 posts and there could be terrible ones with 1000 posts but generally school kids running a web host in their school holidays will loose interest well before 500 posts. :)

It's not the post count that's the give away, it's the quality of the posting :)

Generally if someone can be bothered to give a thought out reply, then there's a good chance they're likely to apply the same level of care to their business. Not guaranteed, but it's another indicator.

monaghan said:
It's not the post count that's the give away, it's the quality of the posting :)

Generally if someone can be bothered to give a thought out reply, then there's a good chance they're likely to apply the same level of care to their business. Not guaranteed, but it's another indicator.

I agree with that to some point. To another, if they don't always stay active here and reply with long quality posts, it could be that they are busy already working with their paying customers and want to make them as happy as possible.

long post != qualiy :)

If they're too busy to take time in posting a decent reply, then perhaps they shouldn't be looking for additional customers. The image of your company is almost as important as the quality of your product.

Back