• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free SHOUTcasts?

oates151

I found a site, www.listen2myradio.com that offers free SHOUTcasts, but you can only listen to the radio off a URL that they give you, (e.g. wavefxradio.listen2myradio.com) and the URL has ads on it.

Does anyone know any places to get a free SHOUTcast without the firewall listen2myradio has? Id need a 32k/bit or more with no more than 30 listeners for my station wavefxradio.com. Id be welling to put google ads, banners and if you were to give me a 64kbit or better id even allow pop-ups on the website. The server needs to be 24/7, not a server you host off your home computer...
Text and banner ads would be posted on every page of the website and if you give me one ill play your ads on air.

Thanks much everyone PM or post your offers for me, please dont be postin nasty, i know SHOUTcasts are bandwidth and RAM killers and that you need a fast ISP....

-Pat

I haven't heard of anyone giving free shoutcast but that listen2myradio sounds ok since it's free.

They have a reason for giving them free though, you can only listen off their URL with ads cluttered all over the place.

So what? They're giving something for free, you can't expect to get everything for free and not give anything back. Can you!?

I registered today and I don't know why you're complaining. I'm playing 56 kps and it sounds good. Their limit is 60 kps.

I'm even dj-ing myself. (http://fanlango.listen2myradio.com)

Now to answer your question, if you want the direct link to the shoutcast, you have to click the "Can't Hear Any Thing ? press HERE !" button and you'll get the exact IP and ports to your station.

Site

I give free shoutcast servers (FREE).. Just make 10 posts in my hosting forums and i will make the shoutcast plan for you. If this is what you guys mean..

WorldHost

CHeers

How do people get rights to broadcast copyrighted music ?

if it's public domain then yer it's free just like most loony toons there public domain so you can broadcast them for free

Geek-Host said:
I registered today and I don't know why you're complaining. I'm playing 56 kps and it sounds good. Their limit is 60 kps.

I'm even dj-ing myself. (http://fanlango.listen2myradio.com)

Now to answer your question, if you want the direct link to the shoutcast, you have to click the "Can't Hear Any Thing ? press HERE !" button and you'll get the exact IP and ports to your station.

They use a firewall that wont allow you to just put the radio on your site and u can just listen... They have a server firewall.

Back