• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE Top-Level Domains! (.Com .Org .Net etc.)

Calmon

Hey guys, I just found out a few days ago about an awesome site that has a similar premise to "Post to Host" but they'll actually give you domains for just posting! They ask you have 1000AG$ before requesting (Which isn't that hard, because I've posted about 30 posts and I already have over 100AG$) and that you provide them the name servers. The domain will be registered with NameCheap.com and apparently due to their signup requirements, the domain can't be transferred to you until I believe 3 months after it's been purchased. The domain will still be completely usable though. Anyways, the site is called AdminGab.com and please put my name "Calmon" in the referral box when if you want to check out the offer. I know I'll be going for it!

Personally, I never want anyone to register my domain except a well-known registrar, i.e. GoDaddy or such. I don't even believe in hosts registering domains for clients (even though we do the same thing :D). I have just seen far too many domains stolen. You try to transfer hosts because you are dissatisfied? Your domain is stolen. You make a complaint? Domain stolen. Who says these guys aren't going to hijack your domain if it becomes successful, or if they will actually transfer it to you after 3 months? I would never trust something like that.

It's $6/year for god's sake. Just buy one.

Too many posting for a domain.

Seems pretty fair for me for kids that don't have money.

Personally, I never want anyone to register my domain except a well-known registrar, i.e. GoDaddy or such. I don't even believe in hosts registering domains for clients (even though we do the same thing :D). I have just seen far too many domains stolen. You try to transfer hosts because you are dissatisfied? Your domain is stolen. You make a complaint? Domain stolen. Who says these guys aren't going to hijack your domain if it becomes successful, or if they will actually transfer it to you after 3 months? I would never trust something like that.

3 months is very long, I don't use namecheap so I don't know how long it takes before you can transfer a domain.
With name.com its only 2 weeks. It might be somekind of fraud, but it could be legit.

NameCheap is a very popular registrar, it's used by tons of people. Sure, it's not as huge as GoDaddy, but it's still pretty big. The host is pretty nice, and I doubt that'd happen. The community is growing daily. That's just like saying "Oh, GoDaddy might steal your domain if you get successful." It's not going to happen, if it does, it'd ruin their public image and most of the community would protest against them. It's a PR nightmare that no community wants to deal with. A lot of people will take up on this offer as it's pretty much the only one of it's kind since the era of DNTemple. Anyways, if you don't trust the provider, you don't have to use it. That's the brilliance of free market economics.

NameCheap is a very popular registrar

Yes, I'm aware of that, but this is NOT Namecheap making this offer. The p2h people retain ownership of the domain. Namecheap has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm just issuing a word of caution, because I've personally seen it happen over and over again, with both hosts, and p2h domain sites just like this.

Many people cannot buy the domains for themselves. (kids,no cards or other reasons.)
As for domain transfer, i guess domains are only transferable after some time (3months?) of their registration.

i also run similar free domain offer. Where people earn HMD virtual currency,and than buy the domain from that currency. Though i give full ownership of the domain,because i have domain reseller acc from resellerclub :p.

Wouldn't advise anyone to get a domain if they cannot have full authority of it.

I know of one site that used to do it, because namecheap offers pushing domain names free. So they would give it to you free and you would have to pay for the years after thath.

I know of one site that used to do it, because namecheap offers pushing domain names free. So they would give it to you free and you would have to pay for the years after thath.

Was that DNforum?

It was your forum lol!!!! webhostingforumz.com, wasn't that the case? Maybe i just remember wrong.

Back