• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE "Unlimited" Space, CGI..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_man

I need CGI access with "Unlimited Space"(I know there no such thing) and Unlimited Transfer. Im starting that hosting thing again, but I need a host for my CGI files.

um, you misunderstood me ...

Originally posted by Ryan_man
I need CGI access with "Unlimited Space"(I know there no such thing) and Unlimited Transfer. Im starting that hosting thing again, but I need a host for my CGI files.

lol, there is NO trustful prov. out there who would offer you those features for free. I learned that for now.
Actually, what I meant when I said that you should move your topic to this forum was that you might get answers to WP´s that offer you something like that who those tiny green pieces of paper... got it?

I mean it´s just a pie in the sky....

so far

bytefragger

? dude its not that much of "features", its cgi and unlim space. Now im absolutly sure there are some of them out there. With or without banner ads. Settle down, yeesh. Ur So negotive.

Whether its unlimited space OR transfer the results are usually the same for a client.
You find your site deleted, and then wonder why..only to find out you reached that unlimited space;transfer.
Its just safer all the way around when choosing a host, pick one that states their limits up front!
I am less bothered by it all if its a free host.
No one should complain if they are getting a free acct.
Good Luck

take a look at http://www.can-host.com well respected host and they have an unlimited space plan but you cant say i just want an unlimited amount of space they give you 300mb to start with and upgrade it in segments of 300mb once that first 300mb is full and sooo on

Yeah, okay ...

Originally posted by Ryan_man
? dude its not that much of "features", its cgi and unlim space. Now im absolutly sure there are some of them out there. With or without banner ads. Settle down, yeesh. Ur So negotive.

I´m not upset and not 'negotive' but realistic.
There are/were many provs. out there who acclaimed to offer you unlim. space and/or bandwidth incl. cgi support but they all died within a time period (that wasn´t that long though)

I.e. http://www.supertown.de (a german fwp), they´re still alive but duo to massive submissions and higher member rate then ever before (when they started to give away those accounts without forcing you to have banners on it ...)
and now they aren´t that reliable any more and slow and so on.....
I mean, yeah, you could find many provs right now, that could fit your needs but I would be very surprised if they´re service stays up for a long while, ya know, if you´re just into testing `s ok, was just an advice/suggestion of mine to not waste your time searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ;)

so far

bytefragger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back