• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free vbulletin forum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeak

How is this possible? Is it really vb or something else made to look like it.Its features are not like paid vb,in posting options or in the ACP but its still free vb forum hosting.

Check it at
Code:
http://www.freevbb.com

Last edited:
It's an old version. This may be legal depending on the license agreement back then (a la IPB 1.3 vs IPB 2.0's license agreement)

vBulletin 2.3 is old.

They are running on version 2.3. So it does not look alike to the latest now. Illegal or not, depend on the agreement they have than.

Seems pretty nice. I signed up for one. I just so happened to need another forum tonight for a project I am reviving ..haha ...thanks for the link squeek

Hope they stick around for a while?

To get to the ACP you just click your name to view profile,dont go into your profile,just click your name as you would any one elses to view it,then you will see an ACP option.

No options to change themes and I havent seen much support in their so called 'Support forum' either.

Last edited:
Yeah ...thanks. I found the ACP. Nice boards though. I never had the chance to play with a VB before. I like it. It has lots of options in the ACP.

To get to the ACP you just click your name to view profile,dont go into your profile,just click your name as you would any one elses to view it,then you will see an ACP option.

No options to change themes and I havent seen much support in their so called 'Support forum' either.

I have just email vBulletin to enquiry about this. So will have to wait for their respond whether it is illegal or not.

I have admin access to vb 3.53 and its way better than this free version.
Actually I prefer SMF to this free version too.But then I guess its also the forum hosts that has limited its features maybe.

Well, it seem to be illegal. Have just receive back from vBulletin.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin Forum Software and for contacting vBulletin Sales.

This is not allowed according to our license agreement.

As this is not allowed, i have attended or piracy department to this.

All the best,
Marco van Herwaarden
Support Team, vBulletin

Illegal.
They changed the copyright notice

<!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->