• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free webcast

darthnathan

hey guys,
i have always wanted to run a webcast as in a online tv channel i was wondering is there any place you can get free ones, i was searching through a shoutcast topic on this site and someone said that u could run it through your own pc can u do this free and how? so basicly is there any free ways to have a free online tv channel??

cheers for ur time
darthnathan

Interesting idea!
Try first to hook up a webcam to your computer and stream it to web.
There is a 'zillions' of freewares to make it possible.
Experiment and get 'know how'. Begin send out local places in your town.
Maybe then, you could get local sponsors etc. I did, & are expanding.
Good luck! :)

BTW: Your request should be posted in Free hosting requests

Google: free streaming media software
videolan.org has their software for different OS's (Operating System)
and was the first i 'jumped into' with success and still using. :beer:

sopcast.com for windows is great it's a chinese server and you stream at what your upstream bandwidth can handle and the server sends it to everybody whos watching so no limit on how many can watch your stream if you have say 100kb/s upstream and you stream at 50kb only 2 people and watch your stream clearly without it buffering all the time. so this server doesnt do that the bandwidth of the server is used to deliver the stream not yours so it's all good AND FREE!! :)

i used todo loads of web streaming TV and Music so if you want help pm me

Back