• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREEHostIndex

Your design needs a bit of working on. Maybe turn those links into images or something? Also you need to work you your logo. I have the feeling it is a bitmap. Maybe you could get a different colour scheme too. Just some ideas to help you improve your site. Maybe you could add some content too.

It's going to get a VERY bad score from me. I suggest you finish the website; honestly, the layout looks boring. :( And didn't you yourself say that forums weren't allowed on MM? :confused:

If you want some suggestions:

- Too much orange space under the logo. What's up with that? And also, talking about alignment, the poll is too wide on lower resolutions (I minimized my browser to see what it would look like).

- Links in nav bar are too plain. Very boring overall. In fact, I find the entire layout rather plain and uninspired.

- Never use a direct e-mail link in a nav bar. I would use a form, but the LEAST you can do is have a separate "Contact" page.

- Search for a Host? That section doesn't even exist. In fact, there's little content on your site at all.

- Yuck! A phpBB 1.0...The color scheme of the board needs to blend well with the main color scheme of your site.

Overall: 70%

I will post my review which are usually very strict. Recently, I revamped my own rating system.

- The logo is boring... blue on orange is not cool. Change the color to black and add more to the logo.
- I would strongly recommend a mouseover script for the links, the blue color is very generic. Change it.
- Weird Frame Ad
- Very Long URL
- Poor use of the oranges and that large space that was mentioned.
- Very incomplete.
- Boring Overall

Overall: 45% (4.5 out of 10)

Graphics: 6 out of 10
Content: 1 out of 10
Layout: 6 out of 10

Thanks, cheatpark! I see that GC is becoming tougher. He's stricter than me on the poor websites, but I get all the little stuff on the A websites. :)

I am shocked how you gave graphics 6/10. It should be less to be honest. By the way I might start my own reviewing system soon.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Thanks, cheatpark! I see that GC is becoming tougher. He's stricter than me on the poor websites, but I get all the little stuff on the A websites. :)
I think being strict is the only way to give a good review. Otherwise you don't give them anything to improve on. I think a good review has to criticise everything and give someone something to improve on. Otherwise its a bad review and the person thinks their site is ok when it isn't.

Sometimes, I don't give many suggestions (like this one) and the site gets a C-. But as you can see with R.K. Raja's site, I gave it TONS of suggestions, and it still squeezed out an A. Basically, it's all about the overall feel. Some suggestions you really can't explain. A site might only get a 98% without any suggestions for improvement because some small thing "feels" out of place. Unfortunately, since 1/1/02, I have never given a score above 94%. :)

Originally posted by cheatpark
I am shocked how you gave graphics 6/10. It should be less to be honest. By the way I might start my own reviewing system soon.

The graphics do not only go for what the person makes in photoshop or paint shop pro but the looks. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. And I believe a 45% is an F. I gave suggestions on it should be improved. Overall, I am not very mean and give a person a 10% because this site in particular doesn't deserve it... the 6/10 for the graphics/style is what should be given. There are sites out there where I will go lower. If I were to give lower than a 40% it means the site has no chance at all and needs a complete change. This site however needs only major/moderate changes.

Its all ready!

I finally got host searching working! You can now search for a host (it works)! Have fun!:)

Design: 170/250
Speed: 210/250
Organised: 186/250
Graphics: 125/250

Comments: Little graphics

Overall: 691/1000, 69/100, 7/10

Back