• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

freesql.org is on a cable modem

yeah but did you look at the ip? is that how you got the info?

but no matter what it is a great idea and a great service

from his website:

"*GRRRR* Cable modem outage overnight, sorry about that everyone. The thing that annoys me is that I've now had 3 significant cable outtages in the past year and all three have been in the last two weeks."

i know it's a good idea but if he is on cable it wont be long before they catch him running a server...

maybe he just means his home cable service connection went out, so he couldn't connect to the site to make updates or work on accounts or whatever he'd do.

Originally posted by keith
maybe he just means his home cable service connection went out, so he couldn't connect to the site to make updates or work on accounts or whatever he'd do.

i doubt it...

why would he appologize to everyone? the site basically runs it's self...

well where's your proof then?

um when he says "*GRRRR* Cable modem outage overnight, sorry about that everyone. The thing that annoys me is that I've now had 3 significant cable outtages in the past year and all three have been in the last two weeks." i think that is proof...

i might have to flush out the database for people cause so probrams don't close their connection to the database, yah never know.

Originally posted by Omari
well where's your proof then?

um when he says "*GRRRR* Cable modem outage overnight, sorry about that everyone. The thing that annoys me is that I've now had 3 significant cable outtages in the past year and all three have been in the last two weeks." i think that is proof...

once again...

maybe he just means his home cable service connection went out.

$ host freesql.org
freesql.org. has address 66.31.176.185
$ host 66.31.176.185
185.176.31.66.in-addr.arpa. domain name pointer h0050baa27fcd.ne.mediaone.net.

MediaOne is a cable modem service.

he might have cable modem service from mediaone or another cable provider and his servers might be colocated at the cable company.

But nice to see CJB you haven't been on in a while have u?

Originally posted by CJB
$ host freesql.org
$ host 66.31.176.185

is this proof enough for you keithypoo?

Originally posted by Epgs
he might have cable modem service from mediaone or another cable provider and his servers might be colocated at the cable company.

I was thinking that, but I'd also think it would have proper reverse DNS if it were a true colo instead of a hostname typical of their cable modems. It's possible, though.

Originally posted by Epgs
But nice to see CJB you haven't been on in a while have u?

I've been lurking, but I think it's been a few weeks since I posted anything.

yeah it has. and i would agree based on the evidence that it is hosted on a cable modem but there is always the possibility.

Originally posted by Omari
Originally posted by CJB
$ host freesql.org
$ host 66.31.176.185

is this proof enough for you keithypoo?

did i give you permission to call me keithypoo? don't think so.

like someone else said earlier, they may have their server colocated at mediaone. a bunch of people a while back thought datablocks.net was run off a cable modem. but, low and behold, it was colocated at a cable company!!! whoa!!!

Back