• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Funpic.org?

mbressman

I am looking for a new (permanent?) host for my blog and a couple of other things that I used to host on my University server. After some research, it looks like funpic.org is one of the best hosting services out there, since it pretty much provides everything you could need, including unlimited/unmetered bandwidth and space, no ads, FTP access, PHP, MySQL, etc. The only downside is the 1 MB file limit...but given all the sites out there that allow you to upload and link to media files (video, audio, image, etc.), I don't think this will be that big of a limitation. Anyone have any experience with funpic.org? Or any other recommendations for a better service? Or any comments regarding funpic.org at all? Thanks!

- marc

Also, anyone have any recommendations for a site that allows hosting of large files of any type (such as executables, etc. - not just media files)?? I was thinking of maybe trying a site called ourmedia.org

Not a problem...I'm already registered with Funpic.org...was just looking for any advice or info about it...

they offer a very good service.

only minus' are no dmain hosting, and the very strict 1mb filesize limit. but they'd be perfect for a blog or forum since theres no bw restrictions.

dont we all hate limits. I could die (not) for a webhost that offers alot of space and no filesize limits!!

I can host you blog if you would like, I host a number of blogs from people all around the world. I can give you 200mb/2gb no filesize limits, mysql, cpanel, etc. We also accept the upload of exe files but may I ask why don't you zip or rar the file? Anyways you can signup at hostingposts.com/forumhost/

Back