• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FWS Routing Issue or Just Plain Downtime?

wswd

Premium
Premium Member
Has anyone had trouble accessing FWS lately? It's not really a new thing, but there are times that FWS is down for hours at a time for me...especially today. It was down for me basically all day today until about an hour ago. I was going to run a check at http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com but sure enough, the site came back on when I went to run it. Perfect timing! :lol:

It's not my ISP, as I have 4 completely different networks to choose from, counting my wireless card, and 2 datacenters I use for servers out here, and the site is down everywhere. If nobody else is having issues, looks like the server/network might be having random routing problems to Southern California.

Not noticed any recently, and I'm on at all sorts of weird times :fangel:
In fact been quite solid for a while now :classic2:

Thanks Decker,

That's what I was thinking, as I noticed some posts timestamped from when I couldn't access the site. Sure looks like a routing issue then over at Softlayer.

I'll get some tracerts next time it happens.

I've noticed intermittent downtime as well. Next time I see it I'll note the time, as I had mentioned to Sander the other day that it was unreachable from my home connection for some hours the other day.

I knew I wasn't losing my mind. About 2.5 hours of downtime last night.

fwsdown.png

It honestly seems like the bulk of the internet is having intermittent routing issues lately. Every time I turn around my routes have changed or a site I frequent is unreachable due to routing issues.

Either there's some kind of corporate conspiracy at work here (failure to anticipate bandwidth growth and upgrade accordingly to make the internet LOOK unstable for the purpose of forcing laws to pass)

Or the solar flares recently actually are having observable impacts.

It happened again this morning some intermitent lag spikes. My guess is there DC is getting large scale DDOS attacks which are slowing everything down.

I have had 2 days of downtime last week because of ddos attacks. Its getting out of hand, there are several hacking groups attacking what ever they like. I have stopped advertising my stuff on several forums for months now and changed my servers ips several times. Its very annoying.
My internet gets slower with the day and my bank is infected by somekind of virus..

SoftLayer sent out this email yesterday
We will be making a series of routing improvements to the Legacy Planet networks in Houston and Dallas to enhance traffic flows and allow for better utilization across the SoftLayer backbone. Work is being performed across multiple maintenance windows throughout the month of August in a phased approach in order to ensure network stability and minimize risk of extended service disruptions for any customer servers.

Oh, sorry about that. I've had an extremely busy summer, so I haven't had much time to consider a move to a new server. Next month I'll be able to look into this again and hopefully we'll be on the new server in October. It's likely to be a server at SoftLayer or Liquidweb though.

Back