• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FWS Theme

Im using the new theme now - and i think its great, my only thoughts are to narrow it down a little, and to perhaps make it just a bit darker still, other than that - good step forward, although I think there Might be an FF error on the index page, ill try an post a screen shot.

Strange, did Peo set a separate theme for the Free hosting offers forum? Every time I enter that forum my theme gets converted back to the original theme just for that forum.

Seems like this is the case with many forums... or is it just me?

Last edited:
whatever is going on on the index page looks awful, almost broken ... the theme overall though looks much more 21st century than the last ....

It's good at the top and then it just goes down down down hill.

EDIT: My personal detailed opinion.

From what I can see it's based on a blue, green style but there is hardly any green. The icons use blue, the bar uses blue the text is blue. There should be more green, balance it out a little. The index is broke.

Last edited:
There is a problem on the index and we are fully aware of that. It will be fixed when it is officially released. We'll consider the suggestion about adding more green.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the tabs at the top... changed from hard links to relative links. I always have problems with www vs non-www cookies, so I just stay logged in to non-www and change any links that point to www manually. But the tabs are big and shiney and I'm likely to click them by accident and become very confused as to why I've suddenly been logged out :p Also, it's better form to use relative links :)
I like the colors. The reputation pips are much nicer in shades of blue. Playing around with the browser size, it scales properly - no hscroll until the window gets fairly small. Nice job.

so used to the old theme... but something new would be good too! Maybe give people the option to upload their own themes, to use on their own accounts... like those who have 2000+ posts! Bug Report: AIM image isn't the proper one :) It shows up as a dead image for me :D

Last edited:
User CP - options and down the bottom of the list 'Forum Skin' use FWS Stretched :) only works in some bits at the moment.

Its crap, slow & toooooooo light. FWS loads slow enough on the default theme but now it takes another 10sec + to load.

Not for me. Over & out!.

EDIT: Now I cant change back, help before I kill myself!.

EDIT 2: Back on the old theme thank god, the default theme is fine, just the logo at the top needs changing, the logo looks like it was designed in the 90s.

Last edited:
Im gonna defend the new skin - as its no slower for me at all :S . Its a breath of fresh air in my eyes, but then it was never gonna please everyone :)

The forum index page should now be working as intended in the new skin. You've sent us some good suggestions and a couple of those will be implemented shortly aswell. If you have any further suggestions, please let us know. Thanks.

As for the skin being slow, I had accidently not uploaded all images and that might have caused some problems. That should be fixed now too I hope.

Back